• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HBO Max's PENNYWORTH starring Jack Bannon (2022)

84 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, aardvark88 said:

Just watched episode 1 on Showcase tv. Reminds me of 'The Saint' or Ian Fleming tv series. Pretty good so far.

:whatthe:

That's a perfect way to categorize this show. I kept trying to relate it back to older shows, but this is it.

PENNYWORTH - PANEL

Join series stars Jack Bannon, Ben Aldridge, Paloma Faith, Emma Paetz, and executive producers Bruno Heller and Danny Cannon as they talk about this unique origin story of the famed butler behind Batman, Alfred Pennyworth. Join in for a fond look back at the show’s exciting first season and the inspiration behind its stunning and edgy 1960s London setting, plus a few unexpected secrets about the new season ahead! 20 min

Enjoyed the first 3 free episodes enough to consider the 99 cent trial month, but I do not need another $5-12 a month streaming platform. As it is we pay for CBS and disney to watch 1 show at a time on each (rip offs). Netflix is such a better value.

Late to it, but up to Season 2 Episode 2.

This is wildly different in an alternate universe England. And with many unique characters that keep it engaging and spicy.

HBO Max has closed a deal to bring DC origin series Pennyworth to its platform for a third season.

The series, which aired for two seasons on Epix, has been renewed for a third season and will make the move to the WarnerMedia digital platform in 2022.

It comes after Deadline revealed that Pennyworth producer Warner Bros. TV was in talks to bring the show over to its sibling streamer. The deal also includes the first two seasons of the Batman butler prequel launching on the service early next year.

Deadline understands that Epix will get a second window, per the deal.

The move, announced at the DC Fandome event, is not a huge as the MGM-owned cable network has been trimming its slate of scripted originals and the show premiered before the studio launched its own streaming service. It will join other DC titles such as Titans, Doom Patrol and Peacemaker on HBO Max.

I'm close to done with Season Two. I can clearly see why HBO Max had this tranferred over to its platform.

Between the interesting characters, the alternate English history story and the constant adventure and espionage stories, this show is well worth a watch. They took a long-time butler and gave him a fantastic backstory. Including how he linked up with the Wayne family.

:applause: