• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel's Giant Size Appreciation Thread
7 7

275 posts in this topic

I'll ask again because it's been a while.

Does anyone have a pic of the Color Guide to Super-Giant Spider-Man #1?  This would have been the originally planned 100 page issue of Giant-Size Spider-Man #1.  

The color guide was on ebay several years back and I copied the image (which was on my computer that crashed), but have never seen it since.  

Just curious.

On 6/19/2022 at 10:01 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That's not what was asked.  There are plenty of examples of "king-sized books" including all the 25-cent square-bound issues of the normal runs such as ASM #102 or FF #116.

All the books that are labeled "King-Size Special" on the cover are, to the best of my knowledge, annuals.  The examples cited above don't fall into this category.

Folks is there a "King-Size" or "King-Size Annual"  topic in Bronze?  If not, does it sound like good idea?

On 6/24/2022 at 8:52 AM, Spider-Variant said:

I'll ask again because it's been a while.

Does anyone have a pic of the Color Guide to Super-Giant Spider-Man #1?  This would have been the originally planned 100 page issue of Giant-Size Spider-Man #1.  

The color guide was on ebay several years back and I copied the image (which was on my computer that crashed), but have never seen it since.  

Just curious.

Would love to see this as well hm

On 7/2/2023 at 10:57 AM, comicartfan said:

I started collecting the Giant Size books only a few months ago. Ideally I want to get them all in 9.4 white. 

Here’s my haul so far : 

IMG_5044.jpeg

IMG_5045.jpeg

IMG_5046.jpeg

IMG_5047.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

IMG_5049.jpeg

IMG_5050.jpeg

IMG_5051.jpeg

IMG_5052.jpeg

IMG_5053.jpeg

IMG_5054.jpeg

IMG_5055.jpeg

IMG_5056.jpeg

That's a great collecting goal and you're going to have fun with it.  Not surprised at all to see Giant-Size Conan #4 at the top of the list ... I don't know what it is about that book, but high-grade copies are growing on trees.  lol

If it helps, I am consigning the following on www.highgradecomics.com, all in 9.4 WP:

• Conan #1, 3
  • Defenders #1
  • Doc Savage #1
  • Doctor Strange #1
  • Fantastic Four #4
  • Man-Thing #5
  • Master of Kung Fu #4
  • Spider-Man #6

Best of luck!

On 7/2/2023 at 11:47 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

That's a great collecting goal and you're going to have fun with it.  Not surprised at all to see Giant-Size Conan #4 at the top of the list ... I don't know what it is about that book, but high-grade copies are growing on trees.  lol

If it helps, I am consigning the following on www.highgradecomics.com, all in 9.4 WP:

• Conan #1, 3
  • Defenders #1
  • Doc Savage #1
  • Doctor Strange #1
  • Fantastic Four #4
  • Man-Thing #5
  • Master of Kung Fu #4
  • Spider-Man #6

Best of luck!

I actually saw those and I think I will grab a few of these for sure. - I have been on a bit of a buying spree so a little time to reset lol