• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why is CGC so confused about 1st Aliens?
1 1

85 posts in this topic

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, Martin Sinescu said:

Not really, just says, "Find out more about the Aliens in Aliens from Dark Horse Comics". 

That bit about the mini-series' delay makes a lot of sense. DHP being their flagship title, you would expect it to run on a tight, predictable schedule, so the gap between the two issues likely was closer than the publication dates would make us think. It would be interesting to run the question by Nelson or Verheiden to see if they have any recollection of that.

That's interesting...seems like that would be something that is said in the prequel book.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:10 PM, seanfingh said:

But it was before I had a driver's license

Some day you'll be able to reach the pedals!

3 hours ago, ashsaytr said:

th?id=OIP.Cl3RJ8xM2hwQDIQInzGsuQHaJx&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

Always loved this book. I've got the big oversized "original art" edition signed by Simonson as well, and it is a beauty.

11 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Was really happy to finally own a 9.8. Just in time as well for the correction in notation :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Horse-Presents-24-CGC-9-8-W-Pages-Origin-of-Aliens-DHP-Alien-/232977291750

FullSizeRender.jpg

Hey congrats! Maybe labels for these will make sense to me now lol

On 11/2/2018 at 11:14 PM, Aweandlorder said:

Was really happy to finally own a 9.8. Just in time as well for the correction in notation :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Horse-Presents-24-CGC-9-8-W-Pages-Origin-of-Aliens-DHP-Alien-/232977291750

FullSizeRender.jpg

Congrats! Some day I need to track one of those down to go with my 1-6 9.8 set. But I've been lazy about it.

On 7/20/2020 at 6:49 PM, migmtl76 said:

Wish I had a copy of Aliens #1 1988 1st print 9.8 White Pages (CGC). They are hard to find.

I searched for years, finally a good boardie helped me out several years ago. Maybe a boardie can help you out too, good luck!

The #2 is the REAL tough book. That one took a few more years to track down, and I got it part of a huge trade. Wasn't cheap.

2 hours ago, OtherEric said:

At the risk of further confusing the issue, I would think this should be the clear winner in any case.  My copy is in storage, so the image is snagged from the GCD:

216438.jpg

It's a great book, I've still got my beat up copy from middle school. I think the unusual size lends it to being relegated to the world of "magazines", which a lot of collectors have an unusual disdain for.