• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

INVINCIBLE Animated Series - Amazon (??)
2 2

170 posts in this topic

For me, I am very excited about this news as I very much liked the comic book series.

'Walking Dead' Creator Sets First Amazon Series: Animated Comic Book Drama 'Invincible'

The comic book drama, also set up as a feature film at Universal, has been picked up straight-to-series as an animated drama under his new pact with the retailer/streamer.

The comic book drama, also set up as a feature film at Universal, has been picked up straight-to-series as an animated drama under his new pact with the retailer/streamer.

2 minutes ago, Capn17 said:
On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, GLCBrad said:

The best part about this news is the film is still moving forward

Agreed.  Excited for both.

the best part about this news is that I have still have some early Invincible issues to sell.

I wonder if it'll be toned down, or if they'll keep in the violence and gore which becomes prevalent in the later issues?

For me, more extreme than The Walking Dead.

Nonetheless, a great comic book series.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I picked up a complete set awhile ago and I just started to read the set.  I made it thru issues 1 - 14 this weekend and it's definetely a great start to a series. 

Steven Yeun is excited for Invincible, Amazon’s coming adult animated series that reunites him with Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman.

“Robert Kirkman is now making an animated show of his amazing comic book run called Invincible, that will come out on Amazon I think later next year. It’s got a great cast. Mark Hamill, Sandra Oh, J.K. Simmons, Zazie Beetz,” Yeun said at Walker Stalker Con London, adding the series is “gonna be hopefully many seasons.”

The star, who has multiple voice acting roles under his belt including Voltron, Stretch Armstrong & the Flex Fighters, and Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia, will serve as series lead, lending his voice to 17-year-old Mark Grayson, who discovers his father is Omni-Man (Simmons), Earth’s most powerful superhero. Mark develops superpowers of his own and embarks on bloody superhero adventures, encountering such groups as Teen Team and the Guardians of the Globe.

Beyond Hamill (Star Wars), Simmons (Justice League), Oh (Killing Eve), and Beetz (Joker), other stars among the previously announced cast include Seth Rogen (The Lion King), Gillan Jacobs (Community), Walton Goggins (Ant-Man and the Wasp), Jason Mantzoukas (Parks and Recreation), Mae Whitman (Arrested Development), Chris Diamantopolous (The Office), Melise (The Flash), Kevin Michael Richardson (The Simpsons), Grey Griffin (DC Super Hero Girls), Max Burkholder (Family Guy), and Andrew Rannells (Big Mouth).

Amazon's animated Invincible TV show has added Zachary Quinto and Khary Payton to its cast and revealed which characters previously announced actors will play. After AMC made a franchise out of adapting Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead comics, Amazon confirmed in 2018 that they would bring his Image comic Invincible to life in animated form. The superhero series began in 2003 and ended in 2018 after 144 issues were printed, with the series receiving praise for subverting genre cliches.

Invincible follows Mark Grayson, a teenager who is the son of the alien superhero Omni-Man and begins developing superpowers of his own. For Amazon's adaptation, Kirkman brought The Walking Dead star Steven Yeun aboard the project to voice Mark, with JK Simmons announced to play Omni-Man. The first (of possibly many) seasons will consist of eight hour-long episodes, but there haven't been too many updates on Invincible since the original cast announcement. The previous announcement revealed Mark Hamill, Seth Rogen, Zazie Beetz, and more would play undisclosed roles.

18 minutes ago, Norinn Radd said:

Love Invincible. Read the entire comic series from start to finish last summer.  Interested to see what happens with the series.

:popcorn:

I did the same thing.  I bought a complete set with a E-Bay coupon and read a handful of issues each night for a few weeks.  I’ve been stock piling #1s ever since.  Loved the series all the way thru.

49 minutes ago, Capn17 said:

I have the compendiums and am currently re-reading the series in anticipation of this.  Very excited to see how it comes out.

Never read this series. But from all the excitement about it, I'm all for a solid story.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Never read this series. But from all the excitement about it, I'm all for a solid story.

Some of the best modern reading that I've done in years (especially the first 100 issues).

Some references I caught in what I read recently.

Name of the High School Mark attends is Reginald VelJohnson high school, which is the actor from Family Matters and Die Hard.  The principal's name?  Winslow (same last name as the father from Family Matters).

There was an attack at the Twin Pines mall.... which is a reference to the Back to Future movie.  

It's the little things you start to pick up on with re-reading.  Highly recommend this series.

I'll echo the other sentiments and say that i'm really looking forward to this series after reading through the entire compendium earlier this year.  Easily one of the best comic series i've ever read and I hope this animated show does it justice.  The cast definitely looks promising.

20200720_083354.jpg