The Silver Surfer Collecting Thread
11 11

326 posts in this topic

I got to say finding a HG #18 has not been easy. theres a couple out there, but GPA at $350 2017 , the 2 9.4's for sale  are at $1800 and $1000 i am at a loss to finish my run ......tough to find lol

Edited by comicgrinder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, comicgrinder said:

I got to say finding a HG #18 has not been easy. theres a couple out there, but GPA at $350 2017 , the 2 9.4's for sale  are at $1800 and $1000 i am at a loss to finish my run ......tough to find lol

Yeah, don't give in to that ridiculous overpricing.  I picked up this copy off ComicConnect for $375 just a couple of weeks ago.

1346146078_SilverSurfer189.4.jpg.dd8d9655a1988d7e7717ca6a25f5f6c7.jpg

Edited by Sweet Lou 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Yeah, don't give in to that ridiculous overpricing.  I picked up this copy off ComicConnect for $375 just a couple of weeks ago.

1346146078_SilverSurfer189.4.jpg.dd8d9655a1988d7e7717ca6a25f5f6c7.jpg

  why you act like you were gonna give me a fair price in public just to overprice me in private.....all of this was very confusing. but thats cool keep your book. ill take your advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, comicgrinder said:

  why you act like you were gonna give me a fair price in public just to overprice me in private.....all of this was very confusing. but thats cool keep your book. ill take your advice.

Very disappointed that you chose to post this here instead of working with me in private.  I understand that you didn't like the price I initially quoted but I would have been more than willing to negotiate something more to your liking if you showed even the most basic courtesy and respect in your communications with me.  That's all I'm going to say in public, but I certainly learned something from this unpleasant experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Very disappointed that you chose to post this here instead of working with me in private.  I understand that you didn't like the price I initially quoted but I would have been more than willing to negotiate something more to your liking if you showed even the most basic courtesy and respect in your communications with me.  That's all I'm going to say in public, but I certainly learned something from this unpleasant experience.

youre disappointed? lol lol you initially thought 400 was  a price, then 300. you just paid 375 for a 9.4 and tell me 400 and 300 on a 9.2 when the last 3 sales this yr were 197 218 and 225 on a wp copy.  its not even like i lowballed you either i offered out the gate 240. more than anyone else paid all yr.  the only reason this was an unpleasant experience  is cause you made it one basing your price off what you told me were ridiculous prices  i shouldnt pay. . you can play the victim here  but the facts are the facts. you acted like  i would get a fair deal. i in turn offered you a more than fair deal.which you werent gonna do. and you said so. i didnt know we were still negotiating after that. you said 300 was your  lowest . i accepted that.  i do apologize if this embarrassed you.  but next time maybe you wont imply one thing and  do another.  all i get is grief  but hey its  by gons water under the bridge/ peace to you and your loved ones. i hope you can see where   telling me i shouldnt pay ridiculous prices was pot and kettle on yours. were boardies were supposed to look out for one another.   ....but that all right. like i said by gons

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, comicgrinder said:

youre disappointed? lol lol you initially thought 400 was  a price, then 300. you just paid 375 for a 9.4 and tell me 400 and 300 on a 9.2 when the last 3 sales this yr were 197 218 and 225 on a wp copy.  its not even like i lowballed you either i offered out the gate 240. more than anyone else paid all yr.  the only reason this was an unpleasant experience  is cause you made it one basing your price off what you told me were ridiculous prices  i shouldnt pay. . you can play the victim here  but the facts are the facts. you acted like  i would get a fair deal. i in turn offered you a more than fair deal.which you werent gonna do. and you said so. i didnt know we were still negotiating after that. you said 300 was your  lowest . i accepted that.  i do apologize if this embarrassed you.  but next time maybe you wont imply one thing and  do another.  all i get is grief  but hey its  by gons water under the bridge/ peace to you and your loved ones. i hope you can see where   telling me i shouldnt pay ridiculous prices was pot and kettle on yours. were boardies were supposed to look out for one another.   ....but that all right. like i said by gons

You and I seem to agree that $1800 for Silver Surfer #18 in 9.4 is a "ridiculous" price.  Where we disagree is whether $300 for a 9.2 is "ridiculous" (it's above GPA, but well below an example offered on eBay right now).  I thought it was a reasonable starting point for a discussion (yes, $300 was the starting point, I never asked for $400).  I felt that your response was unnecessarily personal and confrontational.  I decided it was better to just end the conversation than to try to work with someone who was getting so heated.  Simply not worth the time or the risk.

I feel you are misunderstanding and/or misrepresenting our communications -- for example, I never ever said that any price was my "lowest" -- and you're continuing to misunderstand or misrepresent my motivations.  I wasn't looking to upset you with my asking price, nor am I looking to "play the victim."

I'm not embarrassed at all by the way I've conducted myself, and I definitely don't feel that I implied one thing and did another.  I sincerely wish you well in your search, and I meant what I said about being patient until you find your price.  I'm sure that you will.

Please let's end this here and move on.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

since you brought it up let see what did you say?

"As for the #18 in 9.2, I feel lucky to have gotten my 9.4 for just a little above GPA based on where it's being priced. right after saying this(Yeah, don't give in to that ridiculous overpricing.  I picked up this copy off ComicConnect for $375 just a couple of weeks ago.) "

"I'm guessing if I listed my 9.2 with Bob he'd be pricing it in the $400+ range.  But again I would be willing to sell my copy for $300."

my response (bob prices fairly dont assume he bases his prices off ebay)

"I do believe that if I list my 9.2 with Bob, I know there's a good chance he will find a way to get me a price above GPA as long as I'm willing to be patient.  I might net a bit less than $300, or a lot more -- I'm not sure. "

seems to me youre not exactly being honest about how things went over a 200 dollar book. you can stop trying to flip this around ..... its fine thats what you priced it at . but you misrepresented yourself at the beginning. thats the fact. tell me not to pay those ebay prices just to turn around and price it where ebay would. but thats ok just dont sit out here and act like im the one troppin. we see what you said. so just stop lying its ok i forgive you. you saw $$$ and forgot to be cool. like you had intended. but stop lying about what was said. i didnt misunderstand anything. but by gons once again....so just let it go. peace 

 

edit for  my apologies im used to paying from other board members anywhere from 10% below gpa to 15% above gpa. your price closer to 50% above gpa  well anyways my apologies by gons

Edited by comicgrinder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, namisgr said:

Dude, if you don't like a seller's asking price, just walk away.  Sellers can ask whatever they want for their books, and there's no need to chastise them in public.

Meanwhile, Surfer!

FF72cgc.JPG.aa84f6238de92e28e597d9444a4649c8.JPG

youre right he can totally agree but he acted like he was gonna give me a fair price.  is my only point. but youre right im being petty . sorry everyone.

 

sweet book.

Edited by comicgrinder
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
11 11