• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Silver Surfer Collecting Thread
11 11

326 posts in this topic

^ Beautiful book.  Serious question, hope you don't mind -- how should a book like this be valued?  It's absolutely gorgeous, but with color touch and three trimmed edges I would have no idea how one would determine a fair value in cash or trade.

Full disclosure, I already have a copy of FF #48 and I'm not a potential buyer of this one.  I'm not trying to kick tires or anything -- and I'm not asking you or anyone else to put a dollar figure on this specific book.  I'm just asking the general question of how one attempts to value a stunning 9.6 (of any key issue) that has color touch and significant trimming, relative to a lower-grade copy of the same issue with a blue label.

I won't be offended in the least if you choose not to answer.  Best of luck in finding an interested party for a sale or trade -- I imagine there will be plenty of people who would love to own it.

Edited by Sweet Lou 14

On 9/20/2019 at 4:41 PM, Harry Lime said:

Because of the comparatively short run, Silver Surfer has been the only SA/BA run I've been able to complete. Here's my #1, low grade of course but considering I won it for less than a tenner on feebayUK I'm very happy with it.

SS1a.thumb.jpg.633cffb163b94cd8424af04a613033f7.jpg

Just the way I love 'em!Still nice to look at and perfectly readable.Is that a pence stamp I see?

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Love the black and reds on this so much.FF 72 is my favourite Surfer cover,did you  own a copy of that as sweet as above?

I once had a pretty nice copy:

FF72cgc.JPG.bdf6dfa735c18c44eb68c92affe7e256.JPG

And a kind-of-nice copy:

FF72cgc.thumb.jpg.093fbb5e81a68635510ba6e18575ff9d.jpg

And a sharp copy that I read and kept in mylar:

FF72sale.jpg.0c19551ddcb56e65d7d28576da7ef25a.jpg

Edited by namisgr

12 hours ago, namisgr said:

And a sharp copy that I read and kept in mylar:

FF72sale.jpg.0c19551ddcb56e65d7d28576da7ef25a.jpg

I thought you might have!Very,very satisfying to see that trifecta,thank you for sharing.:cloud9:

My copy looks,or should have, similar to above.My first larger buy on the boards as a 9.2 plus(a great grade in 2009,before everyone um,you know) it was also my first and only bad experience.Shipped in a bubble mailer between two mag boards it sadly suffered a big corner crunch.THAT member's been banned for a LONG time now.It still looks pretty after I flattened the corner best I could,but it's a reminder :frown: to buy from who I or friends here trust.

I really missed the silver forum,I need to do some box diving here and get back into sharing.