• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Silver Surfer Collecting Thread
11 11

326 posts in this topic

Beautiful books! My run isn’t as nice as yours overall but I was thrilled and lucky to have picked up all 18 issues from a local seller at a convention several years ago before the Surfer got hot. I paid around $450 Cdn for the complete run.

7 hours ago, comicartfan said:

I grabbed the #1 from Bob Storms at Rhode Island Comic Con two years ago. The #4 I grabbed from a boardie just recently and these are two of favorites in my collection. 

647FB2C2-3E24-42FB-AEBB-C966B61E38C2.jpeg

A2F5727C-2224-4D3F-9ADC-8B9552E0FE2F.jpeg

Two beautiful 9.0s.  For some reason, it seems that white pages are very rare on the #1.  My 9.4 is OW/W as well.

If there aren't enough copies of UF4 or NM98 to go around, there most definitely aren't enough of these babies to go around!  Hence, this appreciation makes cents.  And once someone owns one of these, how could they ever let it go unless to upgrade?  

Edited by Pantodude

On 3/26/2021 at 8:59 AM, Pantodude said:

If there aren't enough copies of UF4 or NM98 to go around, there most definitely aren't enough of these babies to go around!  Hence, this appreciation makes cents.  And once someone owns one of these, how could they ever let it go unless to upgrade?  

Agreed... Silver Surfer is one of my favorite titles of the SA.  I can't imagine I'll ever be able to afford 9.8s so it would take literal wheelbarrels full of cash to get me to part with my #3 or #4, both CGC 9.6 OW/W.

Not only is that a gorgeous copy, Patrick, but you got to read the awesome Lee-Kirby 20 page Surfer story.  While I really enjoyed John Buscema's work on the title, it was special to get the King's take on his co-creation just before leaving Marvel.