• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

On 6/29/2018 at 3:16 AM, ExNihilo said:

Wish they would hold off on announcements of new movies until after Avengers 4.  Should have just left it as "unannounced Marvel project."

Agreed.

Example - we all know Black Panther 2 is happening soon, but I wish they'd at least pretend he's still dead for the time being -- ditto that we know Homecoming 2 is coming.

40 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Agreed.

Example - we all know Black Panther 2 is happening soon, but I wish they'd at least pretend he's still dead for the time being -- ditto that we know Homecoming 2 is coming.

I've been thinking about this myself, as a huge misstep Disney/Marvel made for the emotional impact of this summer's Avengers movie.

It just feels like their now-classic "Agent Coulson's (aka Son of Coul) death cheat from the original Avengers.  If no one is in any actual jeopardy in these, they are going to feel like your average episode of Charlie's Angels, A-Team or MacGyver, going forward. :( 

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I think Namor is coming soon.

Marvel had two big omnibuses planned in the next year.

Bill Everett golden age Sub-Mariner omnibus

John Byrne Namor omnibus

That's a flag to me as they usually put out omnibus when there is a movie/tv tie in.

Sounds very interesting.  

Multiverse of Madness suggests it'll be surreal parallel dimensions, which I hope will have the same level of imagination shown in the Ditko homages of the first film, rather than ones with parallel earths very similar to our own, as with the recent Spider-Man releases, and, hopefully, we'll get to see Nightmare at last.  After all, it was stated that it's the first scary Marvel Studios film.

Edited by Ken Aldred