• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Sounds very interesting.  

Multiverse of Madness suggests it'll be surreal parallel dimensions, which I hope will have the same level of imagination shown in the Ditko homages of the first film, rather than ones with parallel earths very similar to our own, as with the recent Spider-Man releases, and, hopefully, we'll get to see Nightmare at last.  After all, it was stated that it's the first scary Marvel Studios film.

Could Mordo draw inspiration from Kaecilius and work in tandem with Nightmare?

I expect that Dormammu will be the penultimate super villain for Doctor Strange 3.

On 7/29/2019 at 7:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Could Mordo draw inspiration from Kaecilius and work in tandem with Nightmare?

I expect that Dormammu will be the penultimate super villain for Doctor Strange 3.

This type of stuff gets me excited.  Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a Brother Voodoo reference in the Doctor Strange movie?  I like him quite a bit in the comics, especially the Secret Invasion stuff; here's hoping he finds a place in DS2. :wishluck:

Edited by sagekilz

2 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

This type of stuff gets me excited.  Also, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there a Brother Voodoo reference in the Doctor Strange movie?  I like him quite a bit in the comics, especially the Secret Invasion stuff; here's hoping he finds a place in DS2. :wishluck:

No, but his brother was killed in the NY Sanctum.

Marvel Studios president and producer Kevin Feige clears up misconceptions Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness is a horror film after returning Doctor Strange director Scott Derrickson described the sequel as “the first scary [Marvel Cinematic Universe] film.”

Officially announced at San Diego Comic-Con over the summer as part of Marvel’s Phase 4 film slate, Multiverse of Madness is inspired by the Marvel Comics that “dipped into the gothic and the horror and the horrific,” Derrickson said in July, and Feige notes Multiverse of Madness will feature “scary sequences” similar to films directed or produced by Steven Spielberg:

“Multiverse of Madness is the greatest title we’ve ever come up with, by the way, which is one thing that’s exciting about it,” Feige said when appearing as guest speaker at the New York Film Academy. “I wouldn’t necessarily say that’s a horror film, but … it’ll be a big MCU film with scary sequences in it.”

My guess is that Shuma Gorath is the big bad given the title since travelling between universes and dimensions and conquering them is his entire thing.  He's so bizarre that I loved playing him in Marvel vs. Capcom, so if it's him I'm definitely looking forward to it.

6542687-0878796438-zhihr.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

We have learned that Marvel Studios is now eyeing to cast their villains for the upcoming ‘Doctor Strange’ sequel.

Two villains are currently being cast for the film, one is a 30s-40s female open ethnicity villain and one is a 30s-40s African-American villain. Given that we know the sequel will already introduce Nightmare as a main threat, it’s likely that the African-American villain will be the MCU’s interpretation of Nightmare, a character that Scott Derrickson wanted to include in the first film but has said to be including the character in this sequel. As for the female villain, it is possible that she could be Lilith or even a new version of Morgan Le Fay, a character that was recently introduced into live-action in ‘Runaways’ Season 3.

Benedict Cumberbatch, Benedict Wong and Rachel McAdams are set to reprise their respective roles from the first ‘Doctor Strange’ film, Wong and Cumberbatch last appeared in ‘Avengers: Endgame’ and it is likely we will see the events of ‘Avengers Endgame’ perform a ripple effect upon this sequel. Elizabeth Olsen will also star as Scarlet Witch with her upcoming Disney+ series ‘WandaVision’ (set to debut in late 2020) set to directly tie-in with the events of this film, alongside the ‘Loki’ series.

As for Chiwetel Ejiofor’s Mordo, it is likely he will once again appear but likely in a smaller role as Chiwetel will be wrapping production on his next directorial effort in the midst of production on ‘Doctor Strange In The Multiverse of Madness’.

Scott Derrickson is stepping down as director of Marvel’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” Variety has learned.

The studio and the filmmaker confirmed his departure in a statement, attributing it to “creative differences.” Derrickson, who oversaw the first “Doctor Strange,” will remain as an executive producer.

Wow!

Edited by Bosco685

Just now, Callaway29 said:

Sounds like someone’s ego got in the way.

I'm wondering when Derrickson came out and said 'horror film' and Feige stated otherwise, was this the deal-breaker?

I'd like to see a Doctor Strange in his deepest and darkest stories.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I wonder if Marvel Studios wants the sequel to be more of a universe building cross-over movie as opposed to a self enclosed Dr Strange movie? Some MCU sequels seem to follow that pattern after their origin movies (ie Iron Man and Captain America) and seem to have led to creative differences with some directors. 

9 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I wonder if Marvel Studios wants the sequel to be more of a universe building cross-over movie as opposed to a self enclosed Dr Strange movie? Some MCU sequels seem to follow that pattern after their origin movies (ie Iron Man and Captain America) and seem to have led to creative differences with some directors. 

That would be a shame as the Doctor Strange stories by Frank Brunner and Steve Englehart would be more than enough to target the primary character while providing some involvement from support superhero casts.

Doctor-Strange-04-01.thumb.jpg.487387a454ebe60263fa3ab6169d4a88.jpg

If they sacrificed this for more mass-appeal and world-building efforts, we then miss out on unique character stories. I hope that is not the case.