• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

well, i had just before that sold him a timely schomburg undercopy of mine, and told him, in the subject thread, that if he REALLY thought the hat>cap, i wanted him to return the schomburg, as he wasn't worthy of it.  he came clean and opted for the schommy, but only grudgingly.   i still grin about it.

On 5/19/2022 at 3:54 PM, Bosco685 said:

"Okay, Anson. Here's your scene. And we are going to take full advantage of your incredible talent. You do a big SUPERHERO LANDING. Then smile. Then we crush your head in. Ready?"

:roflmao:

image.png.add0c2f59b8c5bebe047a53d3a0b45f3.png

On 5/19/2022 at 11:51 AM, Straw-Man said:

true story:  many years ago, lar implied, but did not say flat out, that this cover...

Cover for Leading Comics (DC, 1941 series) #11

was better than this cover...

Cover for U. S. A. Comics [USA Comics; U.S.A. Comics] (Marvel, 1941 series) #13

C'mon, you know that was a joke!

On 5/19/2022 at 7:15 PM, D84 said:

There's a new Kids in the Hall on Amazon Prime with the original cast.

Heh - I loved the way it opened with the Lorne Michaels executive drawl

On 5/19/2022 at 6:15 PM, D84 said:

There's a new Kids in the Hall on Amazon Prime with the original cast.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:19 PM, Buzzetta said:

Heh - I loved the way it opened with the Lorne Michaels executive drawl

20220519_021250.thumb.jpg.b1a0ac635a6dca41de8af05299ca2cc9.jpg

I saw it last night with my wife, who loved it (save for a few clunky lines and the musical note fight).  I'd give it a B, I think, putting it in the lower third of the MCU thus far...very much enjoyed Lizzie Olsen's performance, but found the film overall didn't balance exposition and new (or cameo) character beats (which there was a lot of) with compelling character work for Dr. Strange and Wanda/Scarlet Witch.  Enjoyable Raimi spin on a Marvel film, but ultimately more empty calories than substance.

Dan

On 5/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, Bosco685 said:

No matter the quality or logic, moviegoers are there for the MCU. They are sold on this model. There is no debating it.

A completely fallacious hot take.  

Nobody went to see those three dumpster fires they released last year.  

People go to see the movies they think are worth seeing, and they don't go to the ones they don't care about.  

It ain't rocket science. 

-J.

On 5/22/2022 at 12:48 PM, Jaydogrules said:

A completely fallacious hot take.  

Nobody went to see those three dumpster fires they released last year.  

People go to see the movies they think are worth seeing, and they don't go to the ones they don't care about.  

It ain't rocket science. 

-J.

It actually isn't. But you are entitled to your opinions. Though 'Nobody went to those three dumpster fires' sure seems to ignore millions of dollars.

MCU_Bo_220522b.thumb.PNG.e1ca1b6b5494d52272c09904e0c553dc.PNG

At least with Shang-Chi that was a clear moneymaker as it exceeded 2.5X-2.8X. Not a massive hit. But still clearly profitable.

On 5/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, Bosco685 said:

It actually isn't. But you are entitled to your opinions. Though 'Nobody went to those three dumpster fires' sure seems to ignore millions of dollars.

MCU_Bo_220522b.thumb.PNG.e1ca1b6b5494d52272c09904e0c553dc.PNG

At least with Shang-Chi that was a clear moneymaker as it exceeded 2.5X-2.8X. Not a massive hit. But still clearly profitable.

You have the budget wrong on shang-chi , it was actually 175MM, not 150MM, and once you factor in global P&A you're close to 300MM all in.  Not on any planet is 432MM "clearly profitable" with those numbers. 

All three of those movies were bombs just like the movies DC released last year were bombs, just bigger ones.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules