• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Doctor Strange 2 announced.
7 7

1,008 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Okay, I'll calm my teets.

However, Doctor Strange already has the Witch and Wong, and presumably returning characters like Mordo and Dormammu.

If she's simply kinda introduced, that'll be keen. These things are just blowing up, though. I kinda hate it. Civil War kinda sucked, too. Not a 'good' point of reference for me.

With the word “Madness” in the title, the movie should at least try to live up to that.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

With the word “Madness” in the title, the movie should at least try to live up to that.

Yeah, but expanding on current characters has been Marvel's bread and butter. Giving Wong (or Maximoff) a bigger role would do the MCU more favors than introducing someone else. It's why their villains suck, too. Cookie-cutter and no depth.

I take "madness" to mean "chaotic". Scarlet Witch provides that element alone.

I thought that this movie might be the highlight of Phase 4, but things are looking bleak.

1 minute ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Yeah, but expanding on current characters has been Marvel's bread and butter. Giving Wong (or Maximoff) a bigger role would do the MCU more favors than introducing someone else. It's why their villains suck, too. Cookie-cutter and no depth.

I take "madness" to mean "chaotic". Scarlet Witch provides that element alone.

I thought that this movie might be the highlight of Phase 4, but things are looking bleak.

I’m MCUTWD (MCU fan til we die), but I’m more anticipating to see how these MCU Disney+ shows turn out and if they really required viewing for the movies.

2008329602_bluntmcu.thumb.JPG.f98ed60af637fcf786dd6168a26f075a.JPG

MCU Cosmic speculates that Emily Blunt is being considered for CLEA. I agree with that speculation. Clea is a character that must stand toe to toe with Dr Strange/Benedict Cumberbatch, and I think Blunt could pull it off. Plus, she kind of looks like she's from another dimension in an Ice Queen sort of way. I can already see the chemistry.

559956294_blunthuntsman.jpg.5119ed9d557cf4adff7fec1f3d67fcf7.jpg

strange-tales-1332.thumb.png.309689e174b32fbebc04eb51e67c0d59.png

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 1/29/2020 at 8:23 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Okay, I'll calm my teets.

However, Doctor Strange already has the Witch and Wong, and presumably returning characters like Mordo and Dormammu.

If she's simply kinda introduced, that'll be keen. These things are just blowing up, though. I kinda hate it. Civil War kinda sucked, too. Not a 'good' point of reference for me.

If Emily Blunt does get cast as Clea, it won't be "kinda introduced." She'll be a major player and possibly a near equal to Stephen Strange. I think Emily Blunt and Cumberbatch would be a great pairing.

18 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If Emily Blunt does get cast as Clea, it won't be "kinda introduced." She'll be a major player and possibly a near equal to Stephen Strange. I think Emily Blunt and Cumberbatch would be a great pairing.

Sue Storm! :sumo:

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Sue Storm! :sumo:

But FF isn’t even in pre-production with no -script or anything. Blunt has met with Marvel already which means it’s for a project already in production. Everyone keeps saying Blunt as Sue Storm. That’s be horrible casting, imo. Susan needs to be warm, a wife, a mother, a sister, the moral anchor of the FF. Blunt would be wasted in such a role. There’s a reason Blunt was cast as Mary Poppins and the ice Queen. She can put on airs like nobody else. Clea will be a major player in the MCU and Blunt would make a GREAT Clea.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

But FF isn’t even in pre-production with no --script or anything. Blunt has met with Marvel already which means it’s for a project already in production. Everyone keeps saying Blunt as Sue Storm. That’s be horrible casting, imo. Susan needs to be warm, a wife, a mother, a sister, the moral anchor of the FF. Blunt would be wasted in such a role. There’s a reason Blunt was cast as Mary Poppins and the ice Queen. She can put on airs like nobody else. Clea will be a major player in the MCU and Blunt would make a GREAT Clea.

Rumored. How does a rumor go from that to 'already'??

The way Dr Strange 2 is shaping up, I guess I can see why Derrickson dropped out. This isn't going to be a horror movie, it's going to be a full on superhero movie. And if so, it's for the better, imo. I go to superhero movies to see a superhero movie, not some psuedo-clever genre film dressed up as a comic book movie.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Rumored. How does a rumor go from that to 'already'??

Correction: Blunt has already ALLEGEDLY met with Marvel Studios, which mostly means it's for an MCU project now in production. There's a chance it could be future casting, like Mershahala Ali for Blade, but then they'd announce it to get hype up. Ant-Man 3 is coming and there is speculation that FF may debut there. But I'm hoping for Blunt as Clea. I couldn't think of a better actress who can match up equally to Benedict Cumberbatch.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Correction: Blunt has already ALLEGEDLY met with Marvel Studios, which mostly means it's for an MCU project now in production. There's a chance it could be future casting, like Mershahala Ali for Blade, but then they'd announce it to get hype up. Ant-Man 3 is coming and there is speculation that FF may debut there. But I'm hoping for Blunt as Clea. I couldn't think of a better actress who can match up equally to Benedict Cumberbatch.

I think none of us knows Feige's approach from initial pitch discussions to final casting. He works at his own pace to win these actors over. So assuming it MUST be something near-term may miss that.

Time will tell. That for sure we can count on.

12 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

That's a lot of hefty assumptions.

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Great. Here comes Fat Tony Stark, Steve Rogers, and Bruce Banner...

On 1/31/2020 at 2:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Screw that 'gothic, horror, otherworld Doctor Strange comic book influence'. (:

Marvel Zombies I bet. Otherwise, doesn’t make sense to bring back and have to pay big money to the OG Avengers actors for a cameo in a non-Avengers movie.