• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM: Iron Man 27

9 posts in this topic

I have a run of silver age Iron Man and 10-20 of them all have a very thin but very well defined book-length vertical crease in the middle of the back cover and inside back cover.  It is so well-defined that I could (if I wanted to) fold the back cover in half using the line.

I am mainly looking for what grade does this defect knock the book down to?

But also feel free to give a grade for the entire book as a whole.  Thank you!

IMG_2356.thumb.JPG.d0b161df34997f4007261081c68132bb.JPG1153707262_IronMan27VGFN.thumb.jpg.fb5c62f1e59ec5e452e375c32d24aa41.jpgIMG_2357.thumb.JPG.b7744f18c2e7d936fe7bbbc2c0444456.JPG153095858_IronMan27back.thumb.jpg.ce891103ef2fdb5f102a17c28e24296e.jpg

Edited by LikeEmScanned
Forgot to thank you!

That's a tough one. Usually those book length creases are on VG books, but the rest of the book looks so nice. It doesn't look like it's breaking color all of the way down, but it may be the pic? I do see a crease on the front lower right corner. Fine possibly?

Yeah, sub creases/folds normally grade at 4.0, but as N.A.C. says  it's a  great looking book. The highest I've seen them go myself is a 5.0 in that kind of condition.

Thank you both!  I was afraid that was going to be the answer, but it's still good to have it confirmed.

I have a new scanner (Canon 9000F Mark II) and it doesn't seem to show up defects as well as the old one.  It is a nice looking book, but not as nice as what shows up on the screen.  I guess I have to fiddle with the settings to figure out how to get a more accurate scan.

On 7/3/2018 at 1:36 PM, LikeEmScanned said:

Thank you both!  I was afraid that was going to be the answer, but it's still good to have it confirmed.

I have a new scanner (Canon 9000F Mark II) and it doesn't seem to show up defects as well as the old one.  It is a nice looking book, but not as nice as what shows up on the screen.  I guess I have to fiddle with the settings to figure out how to get a more accurate scan.

I've done some searching the boards on the matter, you just may be in luck... take a decco