Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the Grade!

10 posts in this topic

Showcase # 34-

WOULD be VF but multiple creases ,that nice "dent" in the "O" of "ATOM" and general wear around edges knock it down to F.

Superboy # 68

WOULD be VG but spine roll on top half of book,general edge and spine wear and especially the apparently light brown pages knock this down to G(maybe with a "minus")

Flash #175

Again WOULD be VF(the back cover is sharp) but that big 'ol crease going through the "F" of the logo,breaking the color,plus the slight tanning on the back cover and light but perceptible edge wear knock it down to VG

Would love to grade more,but I want to make it easier to refer to replies to *my* idea of the grades.I hope everybody else does the same.

Thanks for the practice opportunity,yertle!

Heh, I figured since there seemed to be a bunch of folks interested in "Guess the grade" threads I would just go all out. I'll remember to not flood the guess the grade market next time. wink.gif

Thanks for the practice opportunity,yertle!

No problem, I have a ton of SA/GA books that fall into the "What would you grade this" catagory. I'll have more to post at another time.

(Nice clear scan by the way.)

Is this an example of 'Marvel Chipping' on the right edge? If this is sent to CGC I don't think they count off for that as much as if the same amount of damage was done by a cat or a demented hamster. grin.gif

It appears to me to be normal chipping, nothing more.

As for the scan I always scan at the highest possible settings to tiff format. I then size them down depending on what I intend to use them for. In this case most photos range from 400kb - 700kb. I don't think those on dial-up connections would appreciate me linking to 4.5MB - 7MB image files. smile.gif