• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,691 posts in this topic

On 1/18/2022 at 6:52 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Does that reach 2000?

Yup. 2002 now. Should hit 3k by Christmas :headbang:

@Get Marwood & I Steve, if you ever find a good location to display all your comic knowledge, please let me know, I'd like to put all my Ross Andru research in one location, where browsers can see the totality of the effort Ross made.  One could say he went beyond the call of duty, but I think few now how much so!

Anyway, lots of love to all who post on this thread.  It's been fun interacting with all on here.  Hopefully we will have more material for another 3 years, lol.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:57 PM, Spider-Variant said:

@Get Marwood & I Steve, if you ever find a good location to display all your comic knowledge, please let me know, I'd like to put all my Ross Andru research in one location, where browsers can see the totality of the effort Ross made.  One could say he went beyond the call of duty, but I think few now how much so!

Will do :)

On 1/18/2022 at 6:58 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Now go see that Spider-Man movie already, so we can talk about it!:baiting:

Will do :)

On 1/18/2022 at 7:07 PM, Spider-Variant said:

3)  As much as I love this kiss, I love the smirk on Robbie Robinson's face more.  Just perfect.

I love that issue. Sums up the Parker mood for me, that one. Read it over and over as a kid. 

On 1/18/2022 at 2:07 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Why I love these images:

1)  I love that Ross drew a light post right in the middle of the panel.  Why?  Because that is exactly what he saw when he was sitting on that overpass taking pictures of the Marine Parkway Bridge.

2)  I love that Marvel nearly got sued because Ross needed to be some damn accurate.  I love that Ross lived a mile away from the House he actually used for the Mindworm's home.  He probably got the idea on his way to the beach.

3)  As much as I love this kiss, I love the smirk on Robbie Robinson's face more.  Just perfect.

4)  I loved that Ross and his wife drove around taking pictures of the bridge, the power plant, etc. to get the images for ASM 152 perfect.

5)  I loved the 1978 Amazing Spider-Man calendar and by default any drawings in it.

6)  I love that we can view the pencils Ross drew of the gorgeous Gwendolyn Stacy, because Ross drew that spoof image.

There's tons more I love, but all these stand out.

Nice breakdown of the reasons why👍

On 1/22/2022 at 9:40 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Nice breakdown of the reasons why👍

Thanks for the kind words Foggy.  After researching and posting in this thread for 3+ years, I like many of the backstories as much as I like the comic prose.

What are some of your favorite Andru panels, pages, or issues?

On 1/24/2022 at 10:53 PM, Spider-Variant said:

What exactly do you have my good sir?

A beautiful copy of ASM 179?

Just that, Reggie. Saw it online and couldn't resist it. After 2,000 posts, we're back where we started! :cloud9:

On 1/26/2022 at 5:54 PM, Spider-Variant said:

@Get Marwood & I  What is the status of your Spider-Man movie viewing?  :preach:

Negative. A daily commitment is making it hard to find a slot. I'll be watching it on DVD at this rate. Fingers crossed for next week :wishluck:

I'm in  the process of re-bagging my ASM collection and didn't realize/forgot how long of a run Andru had on this book. My OO collections starts around 146 so his work is what I grew up with. Great stuff! :cloud9: 

Just last night I was working on this set of issues and took the time to re-read 177-179. :)

On 1/24/2022 at 3:03 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Have it! :banana:

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.5d99ff9aa26ff48b5333b2f1fa187165.jpg

On 1/26/2022 at 6:18 PM, universal soldier said:

Just last night I was working on this set of issues and took the time to re-read 177-179. :)

Great books, aren't they. Of their time of course, but it was a good time, I think, wasn't it.