• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,712 posts in this topic

On 11/28/2022 at 6:09 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Just a fun, fun issue.  It took me forever to figure out where Ross was when he drew that panel.  Although I have shared this splash comparison before, here is a new picture to compare it to, as someone challenged me to find a picture with the fire hydrant in it.

image.thumb.png.05b401a95b5fc9460fba6d1830fc23db.png

Someone should etch those credits into the wall one night, see if anyone notices....:grin:

On 11/28/2022 at 3:17 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Ah, right.

About that...

921866022_spider-mobile-6(1).jpg.e9752f518b72b07388f09c8701a6c735.jpg

A quick read through the beginning of the Amazing Spider-Man series shows me that the first usage of "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" appears to be in Amazing Spider-Man #17 (Marvel, 1963).

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/recent-updates/origin-spider-mans-friendly-neighborhood/#:~:text=A quick read through the,17 (Marvel%2C 1963).

On 11/28/2022 at 8:58 PM, Spider-Variant said:

A quick read through the beginning of the Amazing Spider-Man series shows me that the first usage of "Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" appears to be in Amazing Spider-Man #17 (Marvel, 1963).

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/recent-updates/origin-spider-mans-friendly-neighborhood/#:~:text=A quick read through the,17 (Marvel%2C 1963).

I never knew that, Reggie. 

The last pence copy before the first UK Price Variant hiatus.

17b.thumb.jpg.924dd5838f852bb092ebef7cbc6aaf87.jpg 

Oh, sorry - wrong thread!

On 11/30/2022 at 9:12 AM, FoggyNelson said:

Nice mini run ‼️‼️ Plus the highly desirable first appearance of Big Wheel✔️😄🥰

Yes, Big Wheel keeps ... uhh, rolling.

Truth be told, I was never a big fan of any of these villains:  Big Wheel, Rocket Racer, and the White Dragon.  All appearing in Ross's final few issues.

Why?  Because they should not have lasted more than 2 minutes in a fight with Spider-Man.  Ok, maybe five on the Big Wheel in his machine.

But you say Spider-Variant, what about an old man like the Jackal?  Yes, give him only 10 seconds against Spidey (unless Spidey was drugged like issue 149), but the Jackal never really went toe to toe against Spider-Man;  he was always lurking in the shadows.  And for that, he makes the cut.

On 12/3/2022 at 10:43 PM, sledgehammer said:

I wonder if when the webbing wore off, that it fell and landed on a school bus?

Very irresponsible, wasn't it. Someone ought to have told him that with great power, comes.... hey, hang on a minute... hm

On 12/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Truth be told, I was never a big fan of any of these villains:  Big Wheel, Rocket Racer, and the White Dragon.  All appearing in Ross's final few issues.

Why?  Because they should not have lasted more than 2 minutes in a fight with Spider-Man.  Ok, maybe five on the Big Wheel in his machine.

But you say Spider-Variant, what about an old man like the Jackal?  Yes, give him only 10 seconds against Spidey (unless Spidey was drugged like issue 149), but the Jackal never really went toe to toe against Spider-Man;  he was always lurking in the shadows.  And for that, he makes the cut.

D list villains for sure 🥴

On 12/3/2022 at 3:10 PM, Spider-Variant said:

The terrible trio of villains🤣🥓🥲

On 12/15/2022 at 4:34 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Wonder how much this page will go for?  Inks by Mike Esposito.  Pages are getting crazy prices.  $34K for a great page from ASM158 recently.

How great was this issue?  Not the best story, but man, just a great crossover Nova.

lf?set=path%5B2%2F7%2F3%2F2%2F1%2F27321373%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

I always liked Nova‼️ , had the first few issues when they came out☑️