• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,691 posts in this topic

As a kid growing up in a small country in Europe I never had the chance to read the original Spider-Man titles. I started collecting and reading them as a big kid and I haven't got to the Andru issues yet. But I do have them and finally found the time to make some scans of these. Now if I only find the time between job and kids to get some reading as well :smile:

ASM 176.jpg

ASM 177.jpg

ASM 178.jpg

ASM 179.jpg

ASM 180.jpg

43 minutes ago, SECollector said:

As a kid growing up in a small country in Europe I never had the chance to read the original Spider-Man titles. I started collecting and reading them as a big kid and I haven't got to the Andru issues yet. But I do have them and finally found the time to make some scans of these. Now if I only find the time between job and kids to get some reading as well :smile:

I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Take a day off sick! :headbang:

1 hour ago, Schmakt said:

That looks like a really fun run to read... need to keep those in mind!

Add them to your 2012 goals Schmakt :grin:

2012_LI.thumb.jpg.1d3116217e5e3b642583a5fff0c6a16a.jpg

2 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Add them to your 2012 goals Schmakt :grin:

2012_LI.thumb.jpg.1d3116217e5e3b642583a5fff0c6a16a.jpg

Oh, wow. I had no idea that was still my signature! I think I actually completed most of that!

I was gonna pick those up this morning but didn't see a complete set I liked! *eyes open*

4 minutes ago, Schmakt said:

Oh, wow. I had no idea that was still my signature! I think I actually completed most of that!

I was gonna pick those up this morning but didn't see a complete set I liked! *eyes open*

...if you want to change it.... :headbang:

sig_LI.thumb.jpg.e3d22020c80edddd1dda32e2b542b495.jpg

How about a no-prize for the first Spidey fan who can correctly identify where this Aunt May as a blushing bride picture showed up?  There is a small clue on it (no, not the vertical split on the left side, no idea how that got there).

image.thumb.png.a8561c5fd48430102c512ba55343e44e.png

Edited by Spider-Variant

14 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

How about a no-prize for the first Spidey fan who can correctly identify where this Aunt May as a blushing bride picture showed up?  There is a small clue on it (no, not the vertical split on the left side, no idea how that got there).

image.thumb.png.a8561c5fd48430102c512ba55343e44e.png

:headbang:

Spiderman19782016Cover1-small.jpg

3 minutes ago, Spider-Variant said:

I absolutely loved that calendar.  Some great art in there.  

Yep. Those were the days. Good year, 78.

9 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

What's he saying?

Heh heh. That's 'Anti-Marwood' as I like to call him, saying "how dare you!" (exclude me in my own thread) :)

Only kidding of course, but you might have a long wait for an answer from someone else, given the cloaking device that plagues all my threads... (thumbsu

P.S. I know who it is

6 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Heh heh. That's 'Anti-Marwood' as I like to call him, saying "how dare you!" (exclude me in my own thread) :)

Only kidding of course, but you might have a long wait for an answer from someone else, given the cloaking device that plagues all my threads... (thumbsu

P.S. I know who it is

Yes, thought we might get a few more players.  I also knew that being the second biggest Andru fan (only behind yours truly), you would get that one.  I remember the days when I thought no-prizes were real.  Ah, for a few moments more of ignorant youth.

3 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

@Get Marwood & I - I am late to this thread but I have to say... this was a pretty cool and some good reads.  

Aww, cheers Buzz! Always nice when someone new breaks through the cloaking device that diligently protects my threads. Glad you like it :)

Do you know the answer to Spider-Variant's no prize question then?

2 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Yes, thought we might get a few more players.  I also knew that being the second biggest Andru fan (only behind yours truly), you would get that one.  I remember the days when I thought no-prizes were real.  Ah, for a few moments more of ignorant youth.

Me too! I always wondered what a no prize consisted of as a kid. Still, we were young as you say and it soon dawned on me what the prize was when I hit 38 doh!

Sorry! 10.

Actually, nearer 38. :gossip:

23 hours ago, Spider-Variant said:

Ok, one more no-prize for a cold Monday.   Everyone is eligible except Get Marwood & I (so let's give some other folks a shot).

Who is Peter Parker looking at in this gag piece by Ross Andru?

image.png.9560b1d1524715720cddc4e59b721451.png

Gwen. Or the clone of her. How do I get my no-prize now, please?:whee:

6 hours ago, SECollector said:

Gwen. Or the clone of her. How do I get my no-prize now, please?:whee:

It's in the mail my friend. ^^   The clone of Gwen Stacy is correct! If my memory serves me, the gag was in reference to Peter Parker being in mid-jump from the last panel of Amazing Spider-Man 144.  But man, I could be full of sh... on that one. 

image.png.00608a63f0218003ebb3391147bacd1c.png

image.thumb.png.7d212488e923d6246cedba98fc6262cd.png