• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay Deals
6 6

413 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chevalmeow said:

Vampi #1.  Good looking copy.

Listing says make an offer option is available but his description says " Sorry no offers accepted Now.. "

Vampirella #1

Wonder why it is listed with Make An Offer if he states no offers accepted now... Probably a mistake but I am sure folks will or have sent offers.

1220227126_FireShotCapture020-Vampirella1(1969)1stprintoriginal-eBay-www_ebay_com.thumb.png.1dfdb7341a41f29b240015db0a68e34e.png

7 hours ago, wombat said:

Was the final price a decent deal for a lot like that? the #1 looks pretty rough but a few of the other early issues look possibly decent. Condition looks all over the place.

33 minutes ago, speedcake said:

Was the final price a decent deal for a lot like that? the #1 looks pretty rough but a few of the other early issues look possibly decent. Condition looks all over the place.

I look at it like this- the Vampi 1 could sell for $200-$300, the 2 and 3 are maybe $40, and the rest at an average grade of vg/f on 84 books gives an approx. value each of $9, or $756.  Total for all books is approx. $996-$1096.  Auction started at $1050 and no one bid, thus unsold.  

If I am making a volume purchase, I usually expect a discount relative to purchasing individually of perhaps 20%.  If no such consideration is present, no thank you.

Long way of saying yes but also no, not for me.

BTW, Gary is a decent seller.  Been in the business forever and always fair- no surprises.

25 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I look at it like this- the Vampi 1 could sell for $200-$300, the 2 and 3 are maybe $40, and the rest at an average grade of vg/f on 84 books gives an approx. value each of $9, or $756.  Total for all books is approx. $996-$1096.  Auction started at $1050 and no one bid, thus unsold.  

If I am making a volume purchase, I usually expect a discount relative to purchasing individually of perhaps 20%.  If no such consideration is present, no thank you.

BTW, Gary is a decent seller.  Been in the business forever and always fair- no surprises.

That sounds reasonable.  I'll add him to my saved sellers list.  :whistle:

10 hours ago, Randall Dowling said:

I agree with this. I guess the one thing on the other side is that it will save you a bit on shipping if you bought this same thing in pieces and of course all the time and effort required to buy them in smaller batches. But yeah, I'm usually looking for group discounts, not full value.