• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ability to Comment on Registry Sets
1 1

27 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

In the eventuality that this feature is implemented, registry set owners should have the possibility to accept and/or reject comments made on their sets.

Wouldn't it be better to leave that to a moderator, but allow the set owner to report a post they don't like?  I might want to comment in jest, and some people can't handle that.  "Sweet set but your missing issues 1 - 27..."  or "Weak, those are all restored..."  Which is why I keep my Action set obscured!!!

27 minutes ago, Yorick said:
3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

In the eventuality that this feature is implemented, registry set owners should have the possibility to accept and/or reject comments made on their sets.

Wouldn't it be better to leave that to a moderator, but allow the set owner to report a post they don't like?  I might want to comment in jest, and some people can't handle that.  "Sweet set but your missing issues 1 - 27..."  or "Weak, those are all restored..."  Which is why I keep my Action set obscured!!!

Either way I don't see it happening. At best, they would introduce a "like" system the way it was introduced on the boards.

Oh and why would I be missing issues 1-26 when the set name is "Detective 27-200" :wink: Those fall under the "Detective Complete" set.

Edited by Gotham Kid

7 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Either way I don't see it happening. At best, they would introduce a "like" system the way it was introduced on the boards.

Oh and why would I be missing issues 1-26 when the set name is "Detective 27-200" :wink: Those fall under the "Detective Complete" set.

My real comment would be something like, "#30 is my favorite Guardineer cover and that is a KILLER copy".

I am with you on registry set recognition/praise but honestly I don't see CGC putting it in place. One would also have to factor in the space any/all comments would take up and that could mean a complete re-design of the GUI.

A "like system" would take up a whole less space but yeah I get your idea of adding a personal touch to it over a simple mouse click.

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

I am with you on registry set recognition/praise but honestly I don't see CGC putting it in place. One would also have to factor in the space any/all comments would take up and that could mean a complete re-design of the GUI.

A "like system" would take up a whole less space but yeah I get your idea of adding a personal touch to it over a simple mouse click.

Maybe they could just add another tab.  "Set listing", "Gallery", "Slideshow", etc, "Comments".  Actually, I never noticed a "History" tab before today.

Or comments could be added right after the set description.  Seems like a good place.

I'm sorry but the Registry is completed outdated and past it's usefulness. It's obvious CGC does not want to invest any time or money into it and, to be honest, I don't blame them. There is no revenue to be gained from this product. I still use the Registry but only for insurance purposes. With the assigned points about as current as a 20 year old Overstreet it is no longer competitive or fun. Myslabbedcomics is much more robust and easy to use. You can list all your slabbed books, regardless of the company, and scroll through long runs of books, with pics, rather quickly. It has the ability to add comments.  

Congratulations to anyone with a number 1 set in the registry.  I guess we'll get our award/banner indicators in the next few weeks.

Sometimes, however, the #1 set isn't always the best in the registry.  Hey @CGC Comics - please let me leave comments on registry sets.