• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Frank Frazetta's Famous Funnies #209 - #216
12 12

429 posts in this topic

On 1/3/2023 at 12:49 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

. . . and they’re coming around the corner neck and neck . . . 

And I haven't even thrown MY bids in yet.
Golly, I hope $30K will be enough!  :wishluck: 

Well, it would appear that these 3 haven't really moved up that much in the past week except for the FF 214 which is now at $8,500.  (thumbsu

Guess we are going to have to sit back and wait for the fireworks on Thursday when the big hammer comes down on these Frazetta Famous Funnies. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 1/3/2023 at 11:18 AM, Point Five said:

And I haven't even thrown MY bids in yet.
Golly, I hope $30K will be enough!  :wishluck: 

Took a closer look and it would appear that a collector must be cashing out as they've got the entire 8-issue Frazetta run in this auction spread between Thursday and Saturday.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

If you are after the entire run which I doubt, $30K will definitely NOT do it since the set is already over $30K even without the BP juice in there. :popcorn:

I posted in original art about the new Frazetta Tashen 486 page massively large book which was just released by them and I am waiting for Amazon to send it to me. On the special edition , the cover is from FF213...I have to say I have never seen any reproduction and coloring nicer. If someone can link that video review of the book which was posted in OA to this posting...you will confirm with your own eyes how really great this book is!!!! You can check out some great shots of #213 on the Tashen website.. amazing book!!!! The SE is limited to 1000 copies and has a slipcase and inside different ID plate...but same book that be ordered on amazon for only $180.....

Edited by Mmehdy

On 1/9/2023 at 1:29 PM, Mmehdy said:

I posted in original art about the new Frazetta Tashen 486 page massively large book which was just released by them and I am waiting for Amazon to send it to me. On the special edition , the cover is from FF213...I have to say I have never seen any reproduction and coloring nicer. If someone can link that video review of the book which was posted in OA to this posting...you will confirm with your own eyes how really great this book is!!!! You can check out some great shots of #213 on the Tashen website.. amazing book!!!! The SE is limited to 1000 copies and has a slipcase and inside different ID plate...but same book that be ordered on amazon for only $180.....

On 1/9/2023 at 1:24 PM, lou_fine said:

If you are after the entire run which I doubt, $30K will definitely NOT do it since the set is already over $30K even without the BP juice in there. :popcorn:

Oy! Joking. :grin:

On 1/9/2023 at 4:35 PM, Point Five said:
On 1/9/2023 at 12:24 PM, lou_fine said:

Oy! Joking. :grin:

:flamethrower::taptaptap::baiting::makepoint:You need more:Rocket: emojis - :gossip::headpat::hi::fourleafclover:

On 12/23/2022 at 9:32 AM, Point Five said:

Thank you. I think I'm tapped out for 2022. (But 2023 is right around the corner!)  hm 

I hear he accepts time payments. :tonofbricks:

My old 212 was such a sharp mid grade copy. (sigh)

On 1/9/2023 at 10:24 AM, lou_fine said:

Took a closer look and it would appear that a collector must be cashing out as they've got the entire 8-issue Frazetta run in this auction spread between Thursday and Saturday.  (thumbsu  :luhv:

is this Ricks set? 

On 1/10/2023 at 9:46 PM, Changer said:

just finished my run saving the most expensive for last, the 214 was at full or above market price :( , but "needed"it lol , 
only problem now I need upgrade for 215

Congratulations on completing the set! What a relief, right? It's a beautiful set, and your 214 is very nice 😍. I completed my set this year, and just as you're looking to upgrade your 215, I'm hungry to upgrade my 214! There's something insatiable about this run...I find it hard to quell the pangs of jealousy I get when I see other collectors' sets. 😂 Its the Frazetta effect!

I was the underbidder on your old 214 @Ricksneatstuff, and sad to not have pulled it in! Sorry you had to let those beauties go, but I'm happy that you're replacing them with a new home! Congrats

On 2/10/2023 at 11:38 PM, lou_fine said:

All available in this weekend's HA Sunday Auction and it will certainly be interesting to see where the Famous Funnies 214 finished up at. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

The 5.0 #214 is already at $4200 and counting... too rich for my blood! It's an absolute stunner, but at that price point I'm happy to be out of the hunt.