• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this signature fake?

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone. I bought a copy of Uncanny X-Men 168 the other day and when I opened it, there looked to be a Chris Claremont signature inside. It was not labeled as such by the store I got it from, so I looked it up to see if it looked authentic. It didn’t look like most of the other signatures I found, but not many I saw looked alike either. I decided to come here and seek as many outside opinions as possible. Here is a picture of it, let me know what you think. 

image.jpg

Edited by TheRedKollar

At some point in the late 1980s, Chris Claremont changed his signature style. His later/current style is the one you see if you do a google image search of CGC SS books. 

To my untrained eye, it looks like you have a legit early-mid 1980s Claremont signature.

10 hours ago, eee91 said:

At some point in the late 1980s, Chris Claremont changed his signature style. His later/current style is the one you see if you do a google image search of CGC SS books. 

To my untrained eye, it looks like you have a legit early-mid 1980s Claremont signature.

Thanks so much for looking at this for me. I was leaning toward it being fake, but I’ll have to look further into it

Edited by TheRedKollar

20 hours ago, TheRedKollar said:

Hey everyone. I bought a copy of Uncanny X-Men 168 the other day and when I opened it, there looked to be a Chris Claremont signature inside. It was not labeled as such by the store I got it from, so I looked it up to see if it looked authentic. It didn’t look like most of the other signatures I found, but not many I saw looked alike either. I decided to come here and seek as many outside opinions as possible. Here is a picture of it, let me know what you think. 

image.jpg

I got this one in the early 80's. Looks similar.

1879722682_X-Men133.thumb.png.4cc295d806644367e928121a7986e38c.png