• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very strange Printer's defect.

7 posts in this topic

Wanted to mention this, only because I have yet to hear about this defect on the forum. I was reading a copy of Daredevil 16 yesterday and noticed the top staple looked like it was loose, but it wasn't . When I examined it closely, I discovered there were two staples practically on top of each other at the top. So I figured maybe some guy at one time re-stapled it. But, when I examined the bottom staple, it also had two staples in it. What a weird thing. I've heard of double covers, but double staples? From the look of the staples, they definitely were done at the press. cool.gif

Curious if any one else has come across this?

From the look of the staples, they definitely were done at the press.

I confess to never coming across this but my experience in the printing industry tells me this is indeed the same type of printing "error" as a double cover. Display it with pride! It was part of that book's history!