Shipping OA
3 3

102 posts in this topic

On 9/16/2021 at 6:46 AM, vodou said:

Yeah charging for it. All good until - charge for something for nothing - until a claim related to signature happens.

That's where the rubber meets the road and I'm not sure the customer (buyer of said service) prevails without going to court.

If somebody has already or does have a signature issue, let's see it posted here and where it goes to get resolution.

I'd like my negative bias to be wrong, but I'd really like to be informed (as would the rest of you too, I think).

And eBay requires you to pay for this signature service for any item over 750 in value, which isn't much these days. I think its just under 3 bucks for USPS but I want to say Fedex is closer to 5.

On 9/16/2021 at 9:32 AM, Hockeyflow33 said:

Fedex and UPS offer the ability to have a package held for pickup if you have an account under their website.

I usually have deliveries go to a PO Box.  I had a recent HA purchase and they insisted on using FedEx (due to size).  I asked them to send to one of their FedEx offices where I could pick it up.  I got an e-mail notification and had to show ID before they could give it to me.  That transaction was flawless.

In a posting in another topic, someone mentioned he also having stuff delivered to a PO Box and always has to show ID.  I recall showing ID only once in the 20 years or so that I've had a PO Box.  

Last December, I was getting a new phone FedEx'd to my street address.  I saw the delivery notification that was timestamped 20 minutes before.  Since I was expecting the delivery, tracking the status and checking outside about every 30 minutes, I figured I just missed it.  I went outside and saw no package and assumed porch pirates.  But I did see a FedEx truck driving by.  Then the truck backed up.  Then the driver handed me my package.  That did not (and still doesn't) make any sense.

Edited by Will_K