• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is This Tomorrow?: Catechetical Guild Anti-Communist Tract EXTRAORDINARY ARCHIVES FIND
4 4

29 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2018 at 2:58 PM, eccomic said:

Thank you for letting me share this special find and they will be housed in archival folders for posterity.....

Just an absolutely sensational find!  Given that this was the most important and influential of the Anti-Communist comics, I think it's safe to say that your find is easily the most important related to these comics.

Thanks so much for displaying its contents on the boards.  The find couldn't be in better hands than yours. 

21 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Just an absolutely sensational find!  Given that this was the most important and influential of the Anti-Communist comics, I think it's safe to say that your find is easily the most important related to these comics.

Thanks so much for displaying its contents on the boards.  The find couldn't be in better hands than yours. 

+1

On 1/24/2023 at 3:49 PM, DXC said:

eccomic:  would love to hear from you – have so many questions about this URL and amazing material you relate here - DXC

Steven doesn't know anything about anti-Communist comics, Canadian whites, ECs, comic censorship, or the Comics Code.  Move along, nothing to see here. LoL!

But if you insist on pursuing this Quixotic quest, you might try sending him a personal message by clicking on the graphic under his name (a Triumph Comic 1 - worthless Canadian junk! (unless you are a fan of first nations women superheros)), and then clicking on the word "message."  

It has worked for me in the past.

@eccomic has a real eye and passion for this kind of book.  I've been fortunate to pick up a number of this sort of "giveaway" from him over the last couple of years.  It's a really interesting sub-set to me, particularly the idea of using what was broadly considered a medium "for kids" to educate or influence adults.

DisneylandRichfield.jpg

How to Shoot - Remington Giveaway 1952.jpg

Railroads Deliver the Goods - Assoc of American Railroads - 1959.jpg

Edited by MattTheDuck

On 1/25/2023 at 12:38 AM, sfcityduck said:

Steven doesn't know anything about anti-Communist comics, Canadian whites, ECs, comic censorship, or the Comics Code.  Move along, nothing to see here. LoL!

But if you insist on pursuing this Quixotic quest, you might try sending him a personal message by clicking on the graphic under his name (a Triumph Comic 1 - worthless Canadian junk! (unless you are a fan of first nations women superheros)), and then clicking on the word "message."  

It has worked for me in the past.

My avatar is actually Triumph Comics # 2 which speaks to how little you know about them lol