• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Wars Reprints
1 1

7 posts in this topic

On 9/1/2018 at 8:13 PM, dcampbell07 said:

I just bought some CGC graded Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars on off of eBay then realized that there are reprints!  I guess you can only tell if it is a reprint by looking on the second page which I can't because it's cased.  Would CGC state it's a reprint on the grading tag?

If what you bought is in fact a reprint, then to the left of the CGC holographic sticker it will say something like, "Reprints Secret Wars #1 5/84".

Edited by TwoPiece

On 9/1/2018 at 8:13 PM, dcampbell07 said:

I just bought some CGC graded Marvel Super Hero Secret Wars on off of eBay then realized that there are reprints!  I guess you can only tell if it is a reprint by looking on the second page which I can't because it's cased.  Would CGC state it's a reprint on the grading tag?

So how did you figure out it was a reprint, since you bought them already slabbed? 

The comics themselves should have something on the cover that shows they are not the original prints. 

Pictures? 

(shrug)

14 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

So how did you figure out it was a reprint, since you bought them already slabbed? 

The comics themselves should have something on the cover that shows they are not the original prints. 

Pictures? 

(shrug)

I think that the OP is saying that s/he bought CGC-graded books on eBay prior to being aware that the comics have been reprinted. Now s/he wants to know if the CGC label indicates whether or not the book is a reprint, in which case, it will.

Edited by TwoPiece

18 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I think that the OP is saying that s/he bought CGC-graded books on eBay prior to being aware that the comics have been reprinted. Now s/he wants to know if the CGC label indicates whether or not the book is a reprint, in which case, it will.

Gotcha!

Yes, as you stated it should show it as part of the CGC description or directly next to the CGC sticker (for ex. "REPRINT")