• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antique Roadshow/Pawn Stars Appraisal
5 5

191 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

They looks a bit run down, hope that they're doing ok, don't have cable so don't know if it is currently running, yet she was asking full price? perhaps she just needed an appraisal (shrug) still a great looking book :) 

it's running.. this clip is from the pandemic time so there is limited customers

On 5/19/2021 at 1:42 PM, MattTheDuck said:

It seems like standing outside the Pawn Stars shop with a "I pay more for comics than Rick!" sign could be a winning strategery.

But you don't offer the other half of what these people want: the opportunity to be on TV and have their 15 minutes of fame. I'd wager many, if not most, know they could get better prices elsewhere, but they're settling for less for the opportunity to be on television. 

gawd these videos are so depressing.... They come up with a low ball number, THEN beat the guy down a lot more.  Just goes to show that we are all out of our league trying to sell something we know nothing about!  And you can't trust the buyer's advice cause hes the last person you want to ask to trust!

On 9/1/2021 at 10:14 AM, littledoom said:

A week ago someone bought two copies of this comic from me hmm…

"The expert was delicious"

Sold ebay listings for this book are a lot lower than what even the expert quoted.  120 for the set would have been overpaying, let alone 200.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:45 PM, Robot Man said:

My first real GA buy was a couple years before Overstreet and before I discovered fandom or comic shows.

One of my friends father owned a pawn shop. He called me one day and said his dad got in some old comics so I went over to his house to see them.

What he had were the oldest books I’d ever seen. Probably 15-20 books in beautiful shape. So long ago and I wasn’t familiar with many of them but I do remember a few. All Flash #16, Batman #17, Submariner #6 and Horse Feathers #1. I remember this one because he thought it was the best one because it was a #1. I vaguely remember an All American and a Marvel Mystery as well. 

He wanted $50 for the lot. This was a lot of money for a kid who had to mow lawns and return pop bottles for a living. So I went home, broke open my bank cut some more lawns and went back to buy them. 

I remember taking some of them to swap meet and sold 3 or 4 to a guy there that sold comics and got my $50, back. 

They are all long gone now. But I will never forget that feeling when he pulled them out of a box...

Buying  i do a lot in pawnshop,but selling is a bad place for collectors

On 9/2/2021 at 7:43 AM, littledoom said:

Hulk 181… the frequency of comics appearing in this show amazes me 

Thats a cool comic shop!wish there was one like that near me....probably bad idea for my bank account anyway lol

I remember seeing these in a Pawn Shop back in April of 2018. I was 16 at the time and I was relatively new to collecting comics. I thought they were cool and wanted them but I couldn’t afford such books. The manager said he’d let them all go for $300, so the next time I went back they had already sold. 

345B64F4-A0D9-4CDE-B27C-036D9A1660B8.jpeg

Edited by Terry JSA