• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newton Rings
15 15

676 posts in this topic

On 10/11/2018 at 9:45 AM, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

Borax is the common name for the mineral sodium tetraborate.  Most people are familiar with it as...

zlypOfl.jpg

And I can assure you that it was NOT used by CGC to encapsulate your comic books.  lol

CGC used to use the polymer polyacrylonitrile (PAN) for the inner tray; the licensed brand name for which is Barex.

But thanks for the giggle.  :)

lol 

On 7/8/2022 at 7:08 PM, kav said:
On 10/11/2018 at 11:45 AM, Ditch Fahrenheit said:

CGC used to use the polymer polyacrylonitrile (PAN) for the inner tray; the licensed brand name for which is Barex.

But thanks for the giggle.  :)

lol 

FB_IMG_1657089729981.jpg.3dd8f8282ecc765708e1adc32e46d797.jpg

On 6/17/2022 at 5:21 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

would have probably looked better on a Watchmen book :nyah:

I was gonna say, why does this issue of Ronin have a picture of my parents fighting on the cover?  

On 7/23/2022 at 4:40 PM, rexinnih said:

Anyone have success in reholdering and getting rid of them? I have an Avengers 57 that I'll eventually sell off but wondering if best to reholder. 

They can produce every single book without NR's. QC misses them or just doesn't care.

Edited by I like pie

On 7/23/2022 at 11:16 PM, I like pie said:

They can produce every single book without NR's. QC misses them or just doesn't care.

Keyword = can

but, "...which we did not have to do."

On 7/24/2022 at 8:28 AM, I like pie said:

That's true, and to their credit, they haven't denied the 100s of slabs I've had reholdered. Not one. That's why I still submit on a normal basis.

I'm assuming you have to pay for the reholdering or do you file a claim?

On 8/11/2022 at 1:22 PM, I like pie said:

Neither. The mechanical error option is built into the submission form now.

I just submitted an X-Men #50 under the ME option. Under My Submissions, it shows the service as Mechanical Error, but under status is indicating Scheduled for Grading? Is this normal? Also when I submitted it the Cert # was indicated and now it just references the comic. Is this normal? 

On 8/21/2022 at 6:51 AM, O Doyle Rules said:

I just submitted an X-Men #50 under the ME option. Under My Submissions, it shows the service as Mechanical Error, but under status is indicating Scheduled for Grading? Is this normal? Also when I submitted it the Cert # was indicated and now it just references the comic. Is this normal? 

Yes. Normal on both counts.

On 8/21/2022 at 8:39 AM, I like pie said:

Yes. Normal on both counts.

Thank you! I appreciate your response!

Have you ever had one come back with a lower grade for ME? What about through their regular reholder program for a comic sent in with a cracked case? 

On 8/21/2022 at 10:26 AM, O Doyle Rules said:

Thank you! I appreciate your response!

Have you ever had one come back with a lower grade for ME? What about through their regular reholder program for a comic sent in with a cracked case? 

I've personally never had one come back lower. I think you're only going to see that if the case is severely damaged and the book has taken damage.

Yes I received back a few that had them as well recently. I'm too tired to send them back, I think they're livable but I must be in a forgiving mood idk

Edited by ADAMANTIUM