Newton Rings
18 18

664 posts in this topic

Be careful with reholders. Sent one in because I had a slab cracked in one corner in shipment and the book came back in worse condition than it left. Was originally a 9.8 but they put a finger bend in the cover. contacted them about what I can do to get the slab fixed as, being new to submitting, never had to do such a thing. Got it all packed up and sent it out for the reholder under ME and comes back with spine ticks and scuffs on the inner plastic holder. Still came back a 9.8 as I heard they don't typically regrade, but the book would never have gotten that grade if I sent it in like that as my original submission. Unless its a sig series book that I cant just crack myself, any further need of a reholder I'm just cracking myself and paying to get regraded. If the company that does the grading cant open one of their cases the right way without damaging the contents, I cant trust them to do it the right way the next time I may need to have a reholder. Will just crack and resubmit instead. 

On 11/15/2022 at 8:22 AM, CGC Mike said:

This is true for US residents only.  International customers have to contact customer service to get a return shipping label.  

Thank you Mike. I appreciate the back up you've provided to the info already received. This adds another layer of assurance for me. OK, I'm in. Thank you CGC community and in particular Mike, I like pie (so do I) and Warlord. 

Stan Lee ll.jpg

Recently had a book get reholdered due to newton rings and came back with dust clearly visible and a small piece of the holder loose within the slab. Contacted CGC and sent back to them to get reholdered on their dime.