• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How Many New Comics Do You Purchase Each Month?

How many NEW comics (i.e., non-back issue, non-CGC) do you purchase in a typical month?  

348 members have voted

1. 1. How many NEW comics (i.e., non-back issue, non-CGC) do you purchase in a typical month?

72 posts in this topic

This came out of an exchange on another thread...it seems as though many people on the Board have simply given up on buying new issues while others are buying enough new books to keep the industry afloat. Where do you fit in? Vote and let's see.

I used to buy about 16-20 new books a month, but I was tired of heading to the shop every week to find the cherry copies since I am such a mint freak. I now use that money towards bronze books laugh.gif

My list is far too lengthy to provide here....suffice to say that I collect virtually everything Spider-man, X-men, Batman, and Superman. To that I also add a healthy list of Marvel biggies (Avengers, FF, Thor, Cap, DD), a growing list of DC work (Hero, Wonder Woman, Power Company), everything Star Wars, and a healthy selection of Vertigo plus some others.

I have cut back severely on new books in recent months mainly because of the price/value (I was buying around 10 titles per month). Marvels output ramp-up has really discouraged me from picking up new titles and the reboots are also a pain.I still buy around 3/4 titles.

What I am buying in larger and larger quantities are TPBs. I know have most of the Marvel Essentials and am buying a lot of the 70's/80's runs I grew up with in TPB form.

Zero because I realized that I wasn't really reading any of the books that I was buying. The ones that I tried to read sucked so I said forget it. I still buy the CBG and the CBM but the CBM may be the next to be axed! frown.gif

I'm not a big fan of the Marvel Essential series...B/W doesn't really do it for me if I know the original was in color. I am looking forward to the re-issue of Marvel Masterworks.

I'm not a big fan of the Marvel Essential series...B/W doesn't really do it for me if I know the original was in color. I am looking forward to the re-issue of Marvel Masterworks.

Sure they would be better in color, but at $15 for 25 issues they can't be beaten. If you tried to get the equivalent of all the Essentials as Masterworks it would cost a small fortune.

I stopped buying awhile ago, once I realized that you can find NM Bronze comics for the same (or lower) price as the cost of new comics.

It doesn't take a genius to figure which books are more important for my collection.

Actually gotta create a list for myself so I'll have some idea how to answer:

1. Batman

2. Y

3. Global Frequency

4. Promethea

5. Tom Strong

6. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (when it's published)

7. Astro City (ditto)

8. Ultimates (sigh, ditto)

9. Wonder Woman (beginning with the Simonson/Ordway/Russell run)

Recently dropped:

Green Arrow

Hawkman

Picked up the last few issues just out of curiosity:

Azrael

Supergirl

TPB only:

100 Bullets