• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,410 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 4:22 PM, lizards2 said:

Good question - it might be a tape pull - I did not notice it.  I don't have the book in hand yet.  I have this issue number on an my email alerts from eBay - just saw the email, and checked GPA and census - second highest grade on census, with a lone 9.0 above it. From GPA I saw it was also listed on the My Comic Shop website, and for less $ than on eBay.

I love the store stamp on the back!  I am pretty sure I have another book with this same store stamp.

Oh man,that would be so cool to get a pic of them together,same stamp.I have a small collection of atom age books weca Canadian editions with Corner Sweets stamped on them with an address a few blocks from here! I keep them together,except an oddball Journey Into Mystery that's years away datewise from the others,like a Thor issue.

Holla at me when it's in hand!Sweeeeeeeet

On 9/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, Point Five said:

Aw, that's great, man! I'm glad you still have it. Those late-period Mysterious Adventures (before the CCA horned in) are such fun, crazy books.  

I rarely, never really release anything-unless it's a special need to fill someones want situation.Above sits with the partial (I want to say Patriot or Eagle?)GA book I got from you-actually there's a small Jon stack,always room for more in the future!I'm so  so so sentimental :) 

On 9/14/2021 at 1:35 PM, porcupine48 said:
On 9/14/2021 at 1:22 PM, lizards2 said:

Good question - it might be a tape pull - I did not notice it.  I don't have the book in hand yet.  I have this issue number on an my email alerts from eBay - just saw the email, and checked GPA and census - second highest grade on census, with a lone 9.0 above it. From GPA I saw it was also listed on the My Comic Shop website, and for less $ than on eBay.

I love the store stamp on the back!  I am pretty sure I have another book with this same store stamp.

Oh man,that would be so cool to get a pic of them together,same stamp.I have a small collection of atom age books weca Canadian editions with Corner Sweets stamped on them with an address a few blocks from here! I keep them together,except an oddball Journey Into Mystery that's years away datewise from the others,like a Thor issue.

Holla at me when it's in hand!Sweeeeeeeet

I just found a CBCS copy on eBay with that same "tape pull" kind of mark, so it may be production defect.

I would post a scan, but I would probably go to mod-hell for it.

On 9/14/2021 at 1:58 PM, Larryw7 said:

Crop the label.

you mistake me for someone with technology skills.

I also found a couple raw examples on eBay.

if I could lift a box right now, I might even check my raw copy, but I think I am weeks away from that lifting capability.

On 9/14/2021 at 5:20 PM, lizards2 said:

you mistake me for someone with technology skills.

I also found a couple raw examples on eBay.

if I could lift a box right now, I might even check my raw copy, but I think I am weeks away from that lifting capability.

You poor deer chuckle

:applause:

On 9/15/2021 at 3:46 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

And getting closer to completing my Wolverine run. Courtesy of @Azkaban from Don's collection.  Thank you! 

20210915_153051.jpg

20210915_153122.jpg

20210915_153139.jpg

20210915_153154.jpg

20210915_153212.jpg

(worship)

On 9/15/2021 at 4:27 PM, Azkaban said:

:applause:

(worship)

If only I was a little faster on the take wouldn't have had some of the gaps. :roflmao:Still extremely happy to have added these.

Only about 25 issues to go and the run will be complete.. although one of those 25 is the 145 Nabisco :frustrated:

Thank you again!