• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
49 49

61,044 posts in this topic

Here's my most recent significant purchase. It's still raw, but it's several grades higher than the top copy in the census. This is one of the toughest DCs from the mid- to late-50s to find above Fine condition. The only other copy I've seen that is better than Fine is Aman's copy.

This copy used to belong to Dallas Stephens. The man had nice taste in B&Bs. 893applaud-thumb.gif (Ignore the ripples at the top of the book -- that's just reflection off the double Mylar layer.)

Oh, and thanks again to Tom Murnane for pointing it out to me. hail.gif I'd been looking for a Fine or better copy of this book for a year with no luck.

smallDSbb25-80.jpg

That is a beautiful copy. White pages and nice cut. cloud9.gifthumbsup2.gif

This is one of the nicest copies I have ever seen. I saw a 9.6 copy once but the centering was not as good. This copy was not cheap, but I think it was worth it. The appearance of Spider-Man makes this a consistent big ticket book.

You should nag him for scans for all the books like I do as well!

No scans. I'm playing this transaction blind 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Big mistake! tonofbricks.gif

Don't let him put you off, Beyonder. sumo.gif

Hell...your prices haven't put me off...YET! sumo.gif

Thanks! flowerred.gif

By the way, the little piece of tape on the top of the scan is from the mylar, not the book. The book is a solid Fine-.

Thanks! flowerred.gif

By the way, the little piece of tape on the top of the scan is from the mylar, not the book. The book is a solid Fine-.

Sounds like you made out on that purchase, DD. The colors look very sharp on that copy! thumbsup2.gif

And thanks for posting your copy on the GA boards, adam, making me aware of the cover on this book. cloud9.gif

It's always nice to see someone appreciate a book like you do yourself. It sounds like it didn't disappoint when you got to see it in person.

Went on a small horror binge this past week.

I didn't set out to do it this way...but turned out I picked up an early silver age, a nice bronze, and a quality copper book all in one week. I guess I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy.

I've only got the Strange Tales in hand. The other 2 are the scans from the auctions.

Strange Tales #99 - VF/VF+

1115094233103_st99.JPG

House of Mystery #219 - CGC 9.2 OWW

1112802926423_hom.JPG

Saga of the Swamp Thing #23 - CGC 9.6 White

1114160928366_swamp.JPG

Some very nice books landed since I last checked, as I have been laid up with "strep throat" for the first time in 32 years. I'm still waiting out a Northland Pedigree myself-happy hunting. thumbsup2.gif

Edited by Currin Comics