• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This week in your collection?
48 48

61,025 posts in this topic

On 2/27/2023 at 1:14 PM, lizards2 said:

This book is new in my collection in that while searching for my older Charlton Blue Beetles this morning, I found it in a box of miscellaneous Gold Key, Charlton, etc. I have no recollection of purchasing this book, which is odd, for how hard these are to find. I'm looking at my Gold Key inventory sheet - no Scarecrow #2 in sight.

Reminds me of a story I told to @crassus last month - I'm staring at my SA Green Lantern inventory sheet, and it says I don't have #60. I'm thinking that can't be right - it's #59 that I don't have, and I've been actively bidding on #59s for the past year, and scheming on how I can possibly afford one. But my inventory sheet says I have a VF- copy of #59. Whelp - time to hit the boxes and solve this mystery. Yup - I have a VF- copy of #59 and no copy of #60. No recollection of when or where I picked up the GL #59, but I'm guessing it was here on the boards.

image.jpeg.251be597e40047d9f87a8f96891d39b4.jpeg

Peaceful horse 🐴 nay I say or is it neigh

On 2/27/2023 at 2:14 PM, lizards2 said:

This book is new in my collection in that while searching for my older Charlton Blue Beetles this morning, I found it in a box of miscellaneous Gold Key, Charlton, etc. I have no recollection of purchasing this book, which is odd, for how hard these are to find. I'm looking at my Gold Key inventory sheet - no Scarecrow #2 in sight.

Reminds me of a story I told to @crassus last month - I'm staring at my SA Green Lantern inventory sheet, and it says I don't have #60. I'm thinking that can't be right - it's #59 that I don't have, and I've been actively bidding on #59s for the past year, and scheming on how I can possibly afford one. But my inventory sheet says I have a VF- copy of #59. Whelp - time to hit the boxes and solve this mystery. Yup - I have a VF- copy of #59 and no copy of #60. No recollection of when or where I picked up the GL #59, but I'm guessing it was here on the boards.

image.jpeg.251be597e40047d9f87a8f96891d39b4.jpeg

That’s a not so easy to find book in that shape 

I’ve only seen a few at shows, and nowhere near that nice…

On 2/28/2023 at 10:41 AM, johnenock said:

love them both but the Binky is awesome!

I know, I know! The cover is so awesome people are hawking tin signs of that cover on eBay.

I started off the Fish in the Face journey with Paul at New Mythology in Boise. Now I am finding it hard to draw the line of where the collection ends. It started with fish slapping, now it is fish kissing, crustacean on beak action, etc. I will probably need a psychologist before the journey ends.

Here is a short list of books. I'm sure I will keep finding more. And now I see that I did have a copy of this book (I was looking for Binky, not Leave it to Binky), so now there will be an undercopy for sale.

A Date with Judy 19 VG
Alvin 24 NM -
Blue Bolt V9 #5 or #95 CGC NM 9.4 MH
Casper & Spooky 4 NM
Cookie 60 GD/VG
Dagwood 108 FN/VF
Dennis the Menace 42 VF+
Donald Duck 54
Donald Duck 81
4 Most # 4 VG
Heckle & Jeckle 24 GD/VG
Leave it to Binky 60 GD/VG
Magic Comics 73 VG
Paul Terry’s Comics 122 VG- (tape)
Popular Comics 39 VG
Swing with Scooter 18 CGC 9.8 Savannah
Tweety & Sylvester 12 (Australian) VFNM (foxing)
Walt Disney’s Comics & Stories 98 VF-
Whiz 138 VG+
Woody Woodpecker 44 NM
Woody Woodpecker 131 VF
Yosemite Sam 23 NM-

On 2/28/2023 at 1:17 PM, lizards2 said:

I know, I know! The cover is so awesome people are hawking tin signs of that cover on eBay.

I started off the Fish in the Face journey with Paul at New Mythology in Boise. Now I am finding it hard to draw the line of where the collection ends. It started with fish slapping, now it is fish kissing, crustacean on beak action, etc. I will probably need a psychologist before the journey ends.

Here is a short list of books. I'm sure I will keep finding more. And now I see that I did have a copy of this book (I was looking for Binky, not Leave it to Binky), so now there will be an undercopy for sale.

A Date with Judy 19 VG
Alvin 24 NM -
Blue Bolt V9 #5 or #95 CGC NM 9.4 MH
Casper & Spooky 4 NM
Cookie 60 GD/VG
Dagwood 108 FN/VF
Dennis the Menace 42 VF+
Donald Duck 54
Donald Duck 81
4 Most # 4 VG
Heckle & Jeckle 24 GD/VG
Leave it to Binky 60 GD/VG
Magic Comics 73 VG
Paul Terry’s Comics 122 VG- (tape)
Popular Comics 39 VG
Swing with Scooter 18 CGC 9.8 Savannah
Tweety & Sylvester 12 (Australian) VFNM (foxing)
Walt Disney’s Comics & Stories 98 VF-
Whiz 138 VG+
Woody Woodpecker 44 NM
Woody Woodpecker 131 VF
Yosemite Sam 23 NM-

kanye-gay-fish.gif.77a2ada14efc25a5b8923247f0df04e7.gif