• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marvel Developing Winter Soldier-Falcon Limited Series for Disney’s Streaming Service
3 3

1,118 posts in this topic

https://newrepublic.com/article/121538/stealth-villain-netflixs-daredevil-gentrification

In a crucial scene near the end of the season, Fisk intrudes in the home of the reporter, Urich. Sitting in front of an over-crammed bookshelf, one tome's thick, white spine is notably visible behind Fisk: Robert Caro’s The Power Broker (1974), a Pulitzer Prize-winning biography of the polarizing urban planner Robert Moses.

The other half of Sam’s journey on the show is the transformation of his relationship with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) from simmering resentment to a lasting and profound friendship. That translated into several scenes of emotional and physical familiarity between Sam and Bucky that some fans interpreted as a budding romance — similar to how some Marvel fans desired Bucky and the first Captain America, Chris Evans’ Steve Rogers, to be a couple.

Mackie points out that he’s played in these kinds of waters before, in an episode of “Black Mirror” in which he and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II star as best friends who play an immersive, virtual reality video game that allows them to simulate being a man and woman in a sexual relationship. But he resists an interpretation that Sam and Bucky are sexually or romantically attracted to each other.

“So many things are twisted and convoluted. There’s so many things that people latch on to with their own devices to make themselves relevant and rational,” he says. “The idea of two guys being friends and loving each other in 2021 is a problem because of the exploitation of homosexuality. It used to be guys can be friends, we can hang out, and it was cool. You would always meet your friends at the bar, you know. You can’t do that anymore, because something as pure and beautiful as homosexuality has been exploited by people who are trying to rationalize themselves. So something that’s always been very important to me is showing a sensitive masculine figure. There’s nothing more masculine than being a superhero and flying around and beating people up. But there’s nothing more sensitive than having emotional conversations and a kindred spirit friendship with someone that you care about and love.”

“Sam and Steve had a relationship where they admired, appreciated and loved each other,” Mackie continues. “Bucky and Sam have a relationship where they learn how to accept, appreciate and love each other. You’d call it a bromance, but it’s literally just two guys who have each other’s backs.”

On 3/30/2022 at 12:06 PM, Sauce Dog said:

Little update, but say goodbye to the version of this show you remember watching:

https://thedirect.com/article/disney-falcon-winter-soldier-censored-photos

:facepalm:

Great.. I really hope this isn't a hint at what is to come with a lot of their content.  They do not need to go back and white wash these shows. This was one of my big concerns when they took back the Netflix MCU series. 

Just imagine Punisher with the violence edited out.. 

Really this is just beyond stupid.. 

On 3/30/2022 at 2:13 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Great.. I really hope this isn't a hint at what is to come with a lot of their content.  They do not need to go back and white wash these shows. This was one of my big concerns when they took back the Netflix MCU series. 

Just imagine Punisher with the violence edited out.. 

Really this is just beyond stupid.. 

I could honestly see them doing this for shows that they did not develop but now own (I still wouldn't like it but would understand the reasoning), but this was a show they had full control of from day 1 and knew exactly what platform it was for and their audience and filters - it makes so little sense.

On 3/30/2022 at 1:23 PM, Sauce Dog said:

I could honestly see them doing this for shows that they did not develop but now own (I still wouldn't like it but would understand the reasoning), but this was a show they had full control of from day 1 and knew exactly what platform it was for and their audience and filters - it makes so little sense.

Changing any of these shows makes so little sense.  If they are too bloody or violent then send them to another one of their companies/ partners like Hulu.

Dont try to scrub these shows. It's just a trashy move. 

Unfortunately the mouse will do whatever it wants . 

On 3/31/2022 at 6:49 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Article has now updated with a very weird explanation from Disney:

"Update: The Hollywood Reporter's Ryan Parker shared that the reasoning behind the episode's censorship was due to a "software control issue" on Disney+. The Hollywood Reporter's Aaron Couch chimed in by confirming this, while also assuring that the original version of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier's third episode will be reinstated on the streaming service soon."

...a software control issue? So somebody maybe accidentally uploaded a censored version of the show accidentally - but WHY did an entire new censored version of the show exist in the first place?!?! Did somebody accidentally pull some overtime accidentally digitally touching up several scenes and accidentally removing the violence?

On 3/31/2022 at 8:55 AM, Sauce Dog said:

...a software control issue? So somebody maybe accidentally uploaded a censored version of the show accidentally - but WHY did an entire new censored version of the show exist in the first place?!?! Did somebody accidentally pull some overtime accidentally digitally touching up several scenes and accidentally removing the violence?

When you make a mistake and don't want to accept blame, blame it on the computers. lol

On 3/31/2022 at 5:55 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Article has now updated with a very weird explanation from Disney:

lol it’s like Disney thinks it’s still 1983 and everyone has a Tron-level of knowledge about how computers work. 

If you had any question about what Disney thinks of it’s customer base…

On 3/31/2022 at 10:18 AM, Number 6 said:

lol it’s like Disney thinks it’s still 1983 and everyone has a Tron-level of knowledge about how computers work. 

If you had any question about what Disney thinks of it’s customer base…

They don't think much of it anymore. After years of enjoying visiting the parks, I've given up. They revamped WDW completely with all kinds of charges in addition to their entrance fees and overbooked everything. Pay extra to get on a popular ride, then pay extra again. Wait 3 hours on lines, bathrooms were filthy.  The restaurant prices if you could get into one, were insane. $37 plus tax and tip for a kids mac and cheese meal in one of the castles. Just not the fun place I remember. But I guess a lot of people don't care, it was packed to the rafters.

Whoever is in charge now has only one thing in mind so  I'm borrowing Greggy's emoji;) ...:flipbait: