• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, Michael Browning said:

This shop didn't really have a dollar box, but it was called a "deadbeat box" where people's comics ended up if they hadn't picked them up in several months. Turns out, a lady had requested to get SIKTC starting at issue #2 and they got her a fourth print #1 and continued getting them until issue #20 and she never picked them up. True story, the shop sold the entire set to me for $10 so they were actually 50 cents each.

:ohnoez:

On 11/29/2021 at 7:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Speaking of value, I ran into some old epic mags. I didnt see frazetta nor a #1, I ended up passing, but they looked like fun!

I could go back if you recommend or are familiar?

Epic Illustrated 26-34 ‘The Last Galactus Story’  by Byrne (thumbsu

On 12/6/2021 at 8:21 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Epic Illustrated 26-34 ‘The Last Galactus Story’  by Byrne (thumbsu

That's quite a few issues. I'll try going back to the source and seeing what's still available. :)

And thank you

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, Brock said:

Not all Modern books, but I rescued these from a dollar bin in Moncton, New Brunswick... Since that's $1 Canadian, it was really a 78 cent bin.

dollar.jpg

+1 for the newsstand printing of Warlock and the Inifnity Watch... and the DCU printing of Sovereign Seven.

On 12/7/2021 at 9:58 AM, Qalyar said:

+1 for the newsstand printing of Warlock and the Inifnity Watch... and the DCU printing of Sovereign Seven.

See, I was thinking the Vicki was the real unicorn here.  Infamously the hardest Atlas/Seaboard title to locate.

Edited by OtherEric

On 12/7/2021 at 6:57 PM, OtherEric said:

See, I was thinking the Vicki was the real unicorn here.  Infamously the hardest Atlas/Seaboard title to locate.

I will admit that the whole Archie-esque genre is a category of books about which I know almost exactly nothing. 

But, wow, looking that one up, yep, you've got a winner there too!

On 12/7/2021 at 8:23 PM, Qalyar said:

I will admit that the whole Archie-esque genre is a category of books about which I know almost exactly nothing. 

But, wow, looking that one up, yep, you've got a winner there too!

It’s a bit unfair for me to be posting that one here in the modern area.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's quite a few issues. I'll try going back to the source and seeing what's still available. :)

And thank you

Sorry I didn’t respond earlier, you would probably get more details over in the magazine forums.  In my experience every issue of EPIC has good stuff, but they’re all mixed bags.

On 12/11/2021 at 7:32 AM, Wolverinex said:

Found a ton of big stack of batman superman 22. Plus some keys, kang,  and low print savage dragon at a dollar bin. 

@littledoom how did i do?

20211211_102940.jpg

I would have bought all of those. A lot of them cooled down but the Sups/Bat has a lot of potential to go back up again. As do the rest (thumbsu