• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate fallout 4 grail in modern age?

75 posts in this topic

Odd that the Pichelli 2nd print variant, with just the face showing, is lagging the other 2nd print cover. I see the full-face close-up as the better cover, kid actually looks more like a kid and has expression. Is it just pure numbers of each 2nd print? I don't get it... though I do have a few of both :D

5 hours ago, MISTER EGGHEAD said:

I like these related  Ultimate Fallout #4  comics.

Edge of Spider-Verse #2
Edge of Spider-Verse #5
Spider-Man Noir #1
Spider-Man 2099 #1
The Amazing Spider-Man #365

any opinions of which would be the best ?

Best for what? Best to invest in or best to burn for warmth in a survival situation? 

24 minutes ago, MISTER EGGHEAD said:

Invest. I go see some of those books gaining traction.

I really like Spider-Man 2099. That was a pretty good read. 

I wouldn't say that they are good books to "invest" in but I do see potential with most of them as I could see more opportunities to include each of these character into the next Spiderverse movie or into the MCU eventually.

If you really like Spider-Man 2099 then go with that.  You can't go wrong if you collect what you love.

8 hours ago, MISTER EGGHEAD said:

Invest. I go see some of those books gaining traction.

I really like Spider-Man 2099. That was a pretty good read. 

They either have too big of a print run or already hot books. They have room to grow but not enough to consider a good investment. If you get asm 365 make sure they are 9.8s. If I was dead set on edge I would take my chances and wait till end of year see if it cools off some. Just personally I never buy what the masses are. Try to find the next big thing.

On 6/21/2020 at 2:43 PM, MISTER EGGHEAD said:

I like these related  Ultimate Fallout #4  comics.

Edge of Spider-Verse #2
Edge of Spider-Verse #5
Spider-Man Noir #1
Spider-Man 2099 #1
The Amazing Spider-Man #365

any opinions of which would be the best to invest ?

2099 1 from the 90s is hot overprinted volcano just waiting to explode... it's a cheap buy in right now..... stuff like Static 1 and others with high 90s print runs are now selling for prices they weren't supposed to .

ASM 365 is good too.. I wouldn't forget Silk either.. her first app is bound to explode..

The Wikipedia entry for The Maker lists Ultimate Fallout #4 as his first appearance.  However, the Marvel Fandom page has it as Ultimate Comics Ultimates #1.

A) which is correct?

B) if it's Ultimate Fallout #4, what potential does it have on the value of the book?

For that second one, I suppose the answer is very little, but I keep hoping the MCU does the Secret Wars story.  And if that's the case, what could potentially happen should Marvel decide to introduce the Maker to the MCU in some shape or form.

On 6/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, jcjames said:

Odd that the Pichelli 2nd print variant, with just the face showing, is lagging the other 2nd print cover. I see the full-face close-up as the better cover, kid actually looks more like a kid and has expression. Is it just pure numbers of each 2nd print? I don't get it... though I do have a few of both :D

According to the Diamond information on the 2nd prints, an equal number of the two second print covers were printed/shipped.  In this case, I agree that the Pichelli 2nd print variant shows more Miles, but if a 2nd print is being purchased because the 1st print is unavailable/unaffordable, the Bagley 2nd print variant looks almost identical to the 1st print while also showing more of Miles' face.  The Bagley 2nd print variant may be preferable to the Pichelli, since it's almost like having a 1st print.

10 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

The Wikipedia entry for The Maker lists Ultimate Fallout #4 as his first appearance.  However, the Marvel Fandom page has it as Ultimate Comics Ultimates #1.

A) which is correct?

B) if it's Ultimate Fallout #4, what potential does it have on the value of the book?

For that second one, I suppose the answer is very little, but I keep hoping the MCU does the Secret Wars story.  And if that's the case, what could potentially happen should Marvel decide to introduce the Maker to the MCU in some shape or form.

To be clear, the actual first appearance is fantastic four #1 (1961).

But fandom, which is pretty darn authoritative, does not mention anything about UF 4 in any of its notes for the "first appearance" of "the maker" (Reed Richards).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Reed_Richards_(Earth-1610)

-J.

2 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

To be clear, the actual first appearance is fantastic four #1 (1961).

But fandom, which is pretty darn authoritative, does not mention anything about UF 4 in any of its notes for the "first appearance" of "the maker" (Reed Richards).

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Reed_Richards_(Earth-1610)

-J.

Fandom also has The Maker listed as first appearance in the comic summary page for Fallout #4.  I've never read Fallout so I don't know if it's another ASM 299/300 or IH 180/181 situation where maybe he only appears in one panel.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Ultimate_Comics_Fallout_Vol_1_4

On 6/18/2020 at 11:48 PM, littledoom said:

It’s going to increase. I don’t like that book, but it has really big upside 

On 6/19/2020 at 12:38 AM, I like pie said:

Past $1400? Doubtful but we'll see!

Just refreshing this thread to say that @littledoom was right. The GPA 12-month average on this book is $2,749, just a little under twice the $1,400 price that was being debated. The 90-day average is $3,014.

Nice prognosticating.

On 2/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, Off Panel said:

Just refreshing this thread to say that @littledoom was right. The GPA 12-month average on this book is $2,749, just a little under twice the $1,400 price that was being debated. The 90-day average is $3,014.

Nice prognosticating.

It's also doubtful the Bengals will win tomorrow but we'll see!

On 2/12/2022 at 5:38 PM, Off Panel said:

Nice prognosticating.

Yes thank you. If I had obscene money I would buy in. Right now is always the right time to buy. (Don’t wait). Buy it or wish you had. Buy it or the next guy will. Inflation continues. Right now Tosin is hot. I can see this comic having tremendous upside. If copies are selling for $50-60 they can sell for $70-80 and if they hit that price then copies can sell for $100+ And then we have a comic in lines with all the modern 2000s characters and their values. $200+ raw 

Edited by littledoom

On 11/11/2018 at 9:52 AM, fastballspecial said:

It will be eventually. The variant will be lauded and scoped up again by speculators in next couple of months. 
Currently I have no problem selling the normal issue for $50 in NM. I sold some newsstands last month for $45 each and 
I regret it now.

If anyone like me saw Venom and stayed for the credits they know why.

I don't think I've ever seen a newsstand.  

@Wolverinex Is Ultimate Fallout 4 cooling off, even in 9.8?

Spoiler

Seems high sales months ago were close to $4,500, now a dismal $3100 they're priced and selling at? :eek: eek

If I'm reading it right, I don't really know the market in 9.8 :shy: for this book....

Never mind lol 

According to 130point.com the $4,000+ are outliers..... and $3,000 is about the range...  :sorry:

panic moment 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM