• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ultimate fallout 4 grail in modern age?

77 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2022 at 12:49 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

@Wolverinex Is Ultimate Fallout 4 cooling off, even in 9.8?

Seems high sales months ago were close to $4,500, now a dismal $3100 they're priced and selling at? :eek: eek

If I'm reading it right, I don't really know the market in 9.8 :shy: for this book....

Never mind lol 

According to 130point.com the $4,000+ are outliers..... and $3,000 is about the range...  :sorry:

panic moment 

On 5/12/2022 at 12:58 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Never mind lol 

According to 130point.com the $4,000+ are outliers..... and $3,000 is about the range...  :sorry:

panic moment 

According to GPAnalysis, the highest price ever paid for CGC 9.8 Ultimate Fallout #4 (direct edition) is $3,840.  I don't think the $4,000+ even qualify as outliers, since (if) they've never happened anywhere that GPA watches.

Edited by valiantman

On 5/12/2022 at 1:07 PM, valiantman said:

According to GPAnalysis, the highest price ever paid for CGC 9.8 Ultimate Fallout #4 (direct edition) is $3,840.  I don't think the $4,000+ even qualify as outliers, since (if) they happened nowhere that GPA watches.

ah bless you, I just saw them, maybe they weren't "completed".

I don't know how 130point works, and there were only 2, one of which was coupled with a 9.6 2nd print or some such (thumbsu 

On 5/12/2022 at 1:09 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

ah bless you, I just saw them, maybe they weren't "completed".

I don't know how 130point works, and there were only 2, one of which was coupled with a 9.6 2nd print or some such (thumbsu 

etc.

image.thumb.png.5773ad6e313c50efacd5dc85aeafd2ff.png

and this one doesn't show the label, only the title, could very well be something else (thumbsu @valiantman

image.thumb.png.79a8944121379f5ae0c058019b93c6c5.png

It had been sitting around $3500 then that $4500 one hit and a couple in the upper $3k range right after (if my memory serves me).  It looks to have settled back in the mid-$3k range.  Like most books there is an ebb and flow, there is also plenty of stock (in general) of UF4 floating around that it will keep this same wave imo.

I try to keep an eye on it so I can toss the highs over at good old banned Hollywood since he was so pushy about me selling mine when it was a $1k-ish book 2yrs ago.

On 5/12/2022 at 1:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

etc.

image.thumb.png.5773ad6e313c50efacd5dc85aeafd2ff.png

and this one doesn't show the label, only the title, could very well be something else (thumbsu @valiantman

image.thumb.png.79a8944121379f5ae0c058019b93c6c5.png

I've just taken another look at listing 333975689723 and it appears that although the seller relisted the book, with the same pics as per his previous listing, days later changed those images for what must be the second book he is offering (CGC cert number is different). So we'll bring that $4499 sale out of "relists" and include it in the main analysis. 

On 5/14/2022 at 9:54 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

9.8 just sold for $2400:ohnoez:

Seller only had 25 feedback so maybe he was in a bind or just wanted it sold.

But I've seen newer listings yesterday that kept getting lower and lower towards $3,000. So either they are all trying to undercut, or they know something we don't. Or money to pay taxes 😂 idk haha

On 5/14/2022 at 3:36 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Seller only had 25 feedback so maybe he was in a bind or just wanted it sold.

But I've seen newer listings yesterday that kept getting lower and lower towards $3,000. So either they are all trying to undercut, or they know something we don't. Or money to pay taxes 😂 idk haha

The $4500 one had the new Miles case. That explains the extra $1000:takeit:   Comic Link's latest auction was u-g-l-y. 

On 5/16/2022 at 3:08 PM, PossumGrease said:

If sending one in for grading, it is better to remove from the polybag before sending or does it matter? Thanks.

Yes remove and get it pressed. It's gonna have creases all down the back for sure. If CCS is pressing it, then I guess it doesn't matter. 

On 6/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, Timeless icons said:

a 9.8 variant just sold at 40k+. 

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/952587

I wonder if the one currently listed on Heritage will be similar. 

A questionable result given that a 9.8 CBCS just sold for half that last week.  I understand CBCS sells at a discount to CGC, but it isn't that much of a discount.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 6/11/2022 at 1:08 AM, Jaydogrules said:

A questionable result given that a 9.8 CBCS just sold for half that last week.  I understand CBCS sells at a discount to CGC, but it isn't that much of a discount.  

-J.

I thought the cbcs sale was on the low side to begin with. I was expecting it to have been closer to 30k. The discount is expected for sure. I think when it comes to bigger keys, that gap is definitely stronger. More risk when regrading perhaps.