• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] PLease delete

3 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

I'm also confused about the post office making him remove labels and having to pay postage again; as I've used Paypal to purchase postage for items that I've sent out and never had a problem with the labels.

There are a number of reasons why the Post Office would legitimately refuse to accept a package with a PayPal label.  A few off the top of my head:

• The weight listed no the label is not actually the weight of the package (though they don't care if you list it on the label as heavier than the actual package).  I imagine that this is the most common reason for rejection.
  • The date of shipment does not match the date you are dropping off the package.  The idea and concern here is that the Post Office has loose guaranteed shipment times.  If you print out a 2-Day Priority Mail shipping label for today, but then drop it off at the Post Office 3 days later, that package is technically already late (and not due to any negligence by the Post Office themselves).
  • The zip code that you are shipping from does not match the shipping zip code listed on the address.  (Note that this is NOT the same as your return address).  For instance, if I want to ship a comic from Chicago to Los Angeles, I need to print out a label that states a Chicago zip code zone.  However, if I fly to New York with my package, then try to drop off that package with the Post Office in New York, I'm no longer shipping from the proper zone, and the package can get rejected.

As far as what the issue was here, it's anyone's guess.