• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Instant upgrade to CGI and motion capture:banana:.  One of the rare movies where I think part II (two) will be better than part I (one).

***I'm so excited!

Venom sucked, so topping it should be an easy task for Serkis.

10 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

He was brought on to Direct the sequel, so the question "What else has he directed?" is pretty straight forward.  The CGI should no doubt be improved, but unless Serkis has an actual vision or eye for cinematography, it could just end up a mess.  I've never seen Breathe or Mowgli so I really can't say how it'll turn out.  I can say, I'm still not keen on Woody as Cletus.

He has worked with Peter Jackson, Joss Whedon, and JJ Abrams (among other great directors, I'm sure). I'm sure he took cues from them assuming he has always been interested in becoming a Director.

Pretty much any good news for the Sonyverse helps. I'm in the camp that Venom was a very bad movie despite Hardy's dedication.

17 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Venom sucked, so topping it should be an easy task for Serkis.

Venom actually was entertaining to me. So I am looking forward to the sequel taking us deeper into this character's adventures.

4 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm in the camp that Venom was a very bad movie despite Hardy's dedication.

Agreed.  I feel like the first movie was so bad, that it can only get better from here.  Poor casting, poor acting, poor CGI, poor writing.  I'm not sure how the movie didn't bomb at the box office, yet here we are.  I love Tom Hardy, but he didn't even save the movie.  Here's hoping they do a better job surrounding him with this next movie.

25 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Agreed.  I feel like the first movie was so bad, that it can only get better from here.  Poor casting, poor acting, poor CGI, poor writing.  I'm not sure how the movie didn't bomb at the box office, yet here we are.  I love Tom Hardy, but he didn't even save the movie.  Here's hoping they do a better job surrounding him with this next movie.

I still need to see Venom (and Endgame, and a bunch of other stuff, I swear I'm never moving again unless its out of Illinois...), but I agree with your earlier skepticism about Woody Harrelson as Cletus Kasady (much to @BITCOINSWAMI's dismay I'm sure).  If for no other reason than they stuck a Raggedy Andy moptop on his noodle.  Unhinged Woody has always been a hair free Woody (no, that isn't a dirty euphemism, not this time anyway).  

Just now, mattn792 said:

I still need to see Venom (and Endgame, and a bunch of other stuff, I swear I'm never moving again unless its out of Illinois...), but I agree with your earlier skepticism about Woody Harrelson as Cletus Kasady (much to @BITCOINSWAMI's dismay I'm sure).  If for no other reason than they stuck a Raggedy Andy moptop on his noodle.  Unhinged Woody has always been a hair free Woody (no, that isn't a dirty euphemism, not this time anyway).  

Who do you think would make a good carnage?

My personal opinion

"Sam Rockwell"

Nicholas Cage has a crazy face,he might do a good job too.

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

:whatthe:

Have you managed to avoid spoilers?

Educated guess says: No.

4 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Who do you think would make a good carnage?

My personal opinion

"Sam Rockwell"

Nicholas Cage has a crazy face,he might do a good job too.

Aaron Paul was actually the first person that came to mind for me.  But now that you mention it...Nicolas Cage could be perfect for the role if he channeled his crazy self from Face Off (which was quite the entertaining movie, even though the premise was idiotic).  

9 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Aaron Paul was actually the first person that came to mind for me.  But now that you mention it...Nicolas Cage could be perfect for the role if he channeled his crazy self from Face Off (which was quite the entertaining movie, even though the premise was idiotic).  

That's exactly what I was thinking with Cage and his roll in face off.

Aaron Paul is an interesting choice.

I'm trying to think of actors that seems insane on screen

Pacino channels it well

So does Nicholson, but they are clearly to old for the role.

Keanu seems like his anger is reserved.

19 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking with Cage and his roll in face off.

Aaron Paul is an interesting choice.

I'm trying to think of actors that seems insane on screen

Pacino channels it well

So does Nicholson, but they are clearly to old for the role.

Keanu seems like his anger is reserved.

I couldn't imagine Reeves pulling it off, he's the wrong kind of weird for the role.

2 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I couldn't imagine Reeves pulling it off, he's the wrong kind of weird for the role.

Yeah

I mean

Woody is a good choice,because he has amazing depth.

If they were looking for a ginger, I definetly wouldnt go with Michael Cera

But Jesse Eisenberg might be okay