• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

Producer Amy Pascal, who helps oversee the Spider-Man franchise of films for Sony, confirmed to Fandango that actor Tom Hardy will indeed return for Venom 2 whenever that film gets off the ground.

"I can say that Tom Hardy will be back, magnificently playing that character as no one else can," said Pascal.

She also said that she will continue to be involved with Venom 2 despite her new lucrative deal to produce for Universal Pictures.

Venom went on to gross over $855 million worldwide, making it a massive success for Sony's first Spider-Man spinoff movie. When asked what made the film perform so well, Pascal attributed it to a few key aspects.

"It's a couple of things. One of them is that Sony did a great job creating that franchise and giving it a life and giving it its own world," Pascal said. "Then there's Tom Hardy. When you think of Venom, you'll never be able to think of anyone but Tom Hardy sitting in that bathtub of lobsters. And once you saw Tom Hardy do this character, that's all you needed to know."

20 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Serkis is an underrated talent.  I would like to see what he brings to the director's chair for a superhero movie. 

Looking forward to seeing Carnage in the sequel

But they could really go nuts on a spiderman crossover 

How is this

Miles Morales and Spidergwen are duking it out with Knull in the multiverse

Say Knull kills a celestial being and opens up a path to our earth where Miles and Gwen follow him

Than on earth they link up with venom and spiderman to fight knull in an epic battle 

13 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Instant upgrade to CGI and motion capture:banana:.  One of the rare movies where I think part II (two) will be better than part I (one).

***I'm so excited!

What else has he directed so far? 

41 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I don't understand your question.  Are you asking to wonder why I'm excited?  Or are you asking for an actual answer to the question?

He was brought on to Direct the sequel, so the question "What else has he directed?" is pretty straight forward.  The CGI should no doubt be improved, but unless Serkis has an actual vision or eye for cinematography, it could just end up a mess.  I've never seen Breathe or Mowgli so I really can't say how it'll turn out.  I can say, I'm still not keen on Woody as Cletus.

4 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

He was brought on to Direct the sequel, so the question "What else has he directed?" is pretty straight forward.

No, it wasn't straight forward.  If it was straight forward then the question would be "what else has he directed for you to be excited?". 

To me it doesn't matter what else he has directed (in fact I haven't seen those other movies he's directed).  But I like what he did in the MCU.  I liked what he did in LOTR...and I love Venom.  So I'm excited (look at my sig line).

***Then again, I was excited for Shane Black to direct The Predator:facepalm:

9 hours ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

No, it wasn't straight forward.  If it was straight forward then the question would be "what else has he directed for you to be excited?". 

To me it doesn't matter what else he has directed (in fact I haven't seen those other movies he's directed).  But I like what he did in the MCU.  I liked what he did in LOTR...and I love Venom.  So I'm excited (look at my sig line).

***Then again, I was excited for Shane Black to direct The Predator:facepalm:

Have to agree. The question could imply he is an inexperienced director, with a chance to blow this.

But I doubt he will. 'Mowgli: Legend of the Jungle' was a really good film, and made for a unique telling of the Rudyard Kipling story without making it Disneyfied. I was really impressed how well it was produced. He also did second unit director work on The Hobbit films in addition to directing Breathe. So this is not his first go-around as has been noted.