• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

In a recent interview with Variety, No Way Home writers Erik Sommers and Chris McKenna confirmed Watts filmed Let There Be Carnage’s credits scene during the production of his threequel. At one point, the minds behind No Way Home even considered having Hardy’s character appear in No Way Home’s final battle. However, Eddie and Venom’s role in the film is ultimately relegated to yet another credits scene.

On 12/31/2021 at 10:27 AM, paperheart said:

this could have gone in two other threads but since it's #1...

https://datebook.sfchronicle.com/movies-tv/the-chronicles-10-worst-movies-of-2021

I'm going to assume Mick LaSalle didn't look closer at:

• The Little Things
  • Thunder Force
  • Spiral
  • Tom and Jerry
  • The Affair
  • The Forever Purge
  • Above Suspicion
  • The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
  • Sator
  • Willy's Wonderland

(:

On 12/31/2021 at 8:43 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm going to assume Mick LaSalle didn't look closer at:

• The Little Things
  • Thunder Force
  • Spiral
  • Tom and Jerry
  • The Affair
  • The Forever Purge
  • Above Suspicion
  • The Conjuring: The Devil Made Me Do It
  • Sator
  • Willy's Wonderland

(:

What , no wonder woman 84 or the suicide squad?  I actually thought WW1984 was one of the worst things I've ever seen.  A ridiculous, inexcusable train wreck.  

-J.

On 12/31/2021 at 1:55 PM, Jaydogrules said:

What , no wonder woman 84 or the suicide squad?  I actually thought WW1984 was one of the worst things I've ever seen.  A ridiculous, inexcusable train wreck.  

-J.

I would put The Suicide Squad over those films. At least it had some semblance of a story.

WW84 as one of the worst things? I get you are attempting a statement. But any reasonable reviewer would proclaim Thunder Force.

MV5BMWZkM2I2NjEtNWM0Mi00MTgwLWJlYTAtYmNkZWYzNmQ1ZTBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.0a345064ed5350734756b89dc82abd63.jpg

On 12/31/2021 at 12:42 PM, Bosco685 said:

I would put The Suicide Squad over those films. At least it had some semblance of a story.

WW84 as one of the worst things? I get you are attempting a statement. But any reasonable reviewer would proclaim Thunder Force.

MV5BMWZkM2I2NjEtNWM0Mi00MTgwLWJlYTAtYmNkZWYzNmQ1ZTBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDM2NDM2MQ@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.0a345064ed5350734756b89dc82abd63.jpg

I did (try) to watch thunder force with a buddy.  We got 15 minutes in and turned it off.  You're right , it was horrendous.  But it's a Netflix movie so I hold it to a much lower standard than I do patty Jenkins and James Gunn.  

-J.

On 12/31/2021 at 5:39 PM, Jaydogrules said:

I did (try) to watch thunder force with a buddy.  We got 15 minutes in and turned it off.  You're right , it was horrendous.  But it's a Netflix movie so I hold it to a much lower standard than I do patty Jenkins and James Gunn.  

-J.

Gotcha

On 12/24/2021 at 5:53 PM, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

At least I know why my ASM 361s are dropping in value now 

Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh when then were going for $950 people on this board said there was no limit to the upward trajectory for 361.  You sure they are dropping as the folks who post here with wares to $ell and profit from can't be wrong. They just can't be. </sarcasm>

P.T. Barnum wuz right ! 

P.S. I do own the book folks I have multiple copies, but so do does almost every collector and dealer who was around back then!  I don't sell comics however so I don't care if the going rate is $75 or $1000

Here is one of the copies i purchased from my LCS when I was young.

ASM361.thumb.jpg.548375b08a2da5159012fc5bbf5f2f0f.jpg

Edited by MAR1979

On 1/2/2022 at 2:57 PM, MAR1979 said:

Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh Buh when then were going for $950 people on this board said there was no limit to the upward trajectory for 361.  You sure they are dropping as the folks who post here with wares to $ell and profit from can't be wrong. They just can't be. </sarcasm>

P.T. Barnum wuz right ! 

P.S. I do own the book folks I have multiple copies, but so do does almost every collector and dealer who was around back then!  I don't sell comics however so I don't care if the going rate is $75 or $1000

Here is one of the copies i purchased from my LCS when I was young.

ASM361.thumb.jpg.548375b08a2da5159012fc5bbf5f2f0f.jpg

Awesome story

Figured I might as well vent about it somewhere, but this was such an awful movie. I enjoyed the first one in spite of its many flaws, but still had low expectations going into this one, even then...damn what a stinker. Some enjoyable Eddie/Venom bickering moments (what I enjoyed most about the first film) but otherwise nothing I'm going to retain in my brain.

Is it just me or did the -script lack an entire 2nd act? It was some initial 1st act setup, but them BAM!...escape and we are straight to doing the entire 3rd act dark-dusty church fight that felt like half the movie. More-so than the first film, the PG-13 rating is really noticeable here and feels wrong - Carnage is reduced to basically no on screen kills (and when he does...dusty obscured tornado move?), zero blood anywhere, and no real sense of 'violence' from Cassidy (other than we are told he is a serial killer). 

Edited by Sauce Dog

I never even saw the first one.   After seeing the end credit in No Way Home, I won't even bother giving it a "background watch" when it's on cable and I'm putting away dishes or folding laundry.  The Venom voice is so ridiculously stupid.  

2018 was better than 2021 Venom storywise for me. And the voice made it interesting versus some hissing character like some snake creature.

I think the excitement to flow parallel to the MCU because that is what Sony is hearing so loudly (doing it like the MCU) gave us a PG-13 story with characters that, like Deadpool, would fit in wonderfully with an R-Rated story.

Venom 2 is returning to theaters after Sony pushed Morbius back to April. It’s been a great couple of months for the Spider-Man movie universe thanks to Disney and Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home and Sony’s Venom: Let There Be Carnage. Unfortunately the original planned January release of Morbius was recently put on hold until April.

But fans who can’t get enough of the Spider-Man Universe on the big screen are in luck as Venom is coming back to fill the Morbius-sized hole in the Sony release schedule. As revealed by @VenomMovie, the Tom Hardy-led Let There Be Carnage is returning to select theaters to wreak more havoc on January 14.