• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Wait... Isn't Venom 2 coming out next year...? They're still casting...?

I hope not... I hated Venom and I can't stand Carnage or the whole symbiote fascination, they have like ten million symbiotes. Next thing they will come up with a symbiote for Grandma's lamp.

:facepalm:

Don't get me wrong I love Todd McFarlane, but Venom has become his Frankenstein and they have created an army from it.

7 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Wait... Isn't Venom 2 coming out next year...? They're still casting...?

Principal filming began three weeks ago.

The timeline makes sense, as they'll likely finish filming by Feb. 1, have time for pick-up/reshoots in May, and easily hit the Oct. 2 release date.

Now, I think the first Venom film was absolute garbage and this will likely be even worse.

But that they're still casting during (likely) the first third of filming isn't outside the norm.

Do any of the extra cast members really matter? All I want to see is Woody channeling his inner Mickey Knox (from Natural Born Killers) for the Cletus/Carnage role and all will be fine. He should bring the right level of campiness and craziness for the role.

Edited by kimik

On 12/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, BaronSamedi said:

I hope not... I hated Venom and I can't stand Carnage or the whole symbiote fascination, they have like ten million symbiotes. Next thing they will come up with a symbiote for Grandma's lamp.

Don't get me wrong I love Todd McFarlane, but Venom has become his Frankenstein and they have created an army from it.

The original reasoning behind Carnage made sense (the spawn of Venom).  But you’re right that it got WAY out of hand since there’s a symbiote for absolutely everything.  “Hi, I’m Bill Carnage, esquire.”

But it’s not a surprise either, we are talking about Marvel in 2019.

The real tragedy in all this is the poorly dyed mop that they threw on Woody Harrelson’s dome.  I just wish @BITCOINSWAMI was here to weigh in...

But as I was typing that, we have a new mystery - who is @BITCOINSWAMI2?

11 hours ago, mattn792 said:

The original reasoning behind Carnage made sense (the spawn of Venom).  But you’re right that it got WAY out of hand since there’s a symbiote for absolutely everything.  “Hi, I’m Bill Carnage, esquire.”

But it’s not a surprise either, we are talking about Marvel in 2019.

The real tragedy in all this is the poorly dyed mop that they threw on Woody Harrelson’s dome.  I just wish @BITCOINSWAMI was here to weigh in...

But as I was typing that, we have a new mystery - who is @BITCOINSWAMI2?

wudy.jpg

There's a @BITCOINSWAMI2 ?!!!! A Friday thread on a Sunday!!!! lol

Edited by comics4all

On 12/6/2019 at 2:48 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Principal filming began three weeks ago.

The timeline makes sense, as they'll likely finish filming by Feb. 1, have time for pick-up/reshoots in May, and easily hit the Oct. 2 release date.

Now, I think the first Venom film was absolute garbage and this will likely be even worse.

But that they're still casting during (likely) the first third of filming isn't outside the norm.

I'll have to take your word for it. I don't recall ever being alerted to casting choices within a year of proposed release.

Movies are being released in stores 3 months after they hit theaters, though. I suppose the movie-producing processes have also improved timing.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:25 AM, BaronSamedi said:

Well said. Venom is a Frankenstein, which is sad because he had huge potential, but this is the fate of most good characters, you live long enough to make the people who love you, hate you.

I am interested to see where Spawn is heading. Heard Todd has been working on movie/tv ideas