• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

By now, Venom: Let There Be Carnage is well into post-production as it waits out the current box office scene; as it currently stands, the feature is set for release in late June. Since an outfit like Marvel doesn't appear to be budging on Black Widow's May release date, it stands to reason the Venom sequel will be able to hold its ground as well. Though Andy Serkis couldn't talk much about the movie, he has taken some time on a recent press tour to update fans on its status.

According to a conversation with ComicBookMovie.com, Serkis says Sony is simply waiting for the pandemic to pan out to see how the box office fares before launching the marketing for Let There Be Carnage. Despite a June release, the outfit has yet to release a trailer or any time of marketing outside of the initial logo teaser.

"I’m super excited about it. Again, it’s not something I can particularly talk about right now because we’re saving it for when everybody can go and enjoy it in the cinema," Serkis tells the site. "I don’t want to blow it or talk about it too much before then, but I’ve had a ball working on that film. It’s been great. [It’s] another bunch of brilliant actors, and it’s headed up by another keen SAS man, Tom Hardy [Laughs]. I hope you won’t feel disappointed. It was a real pleasure working on it."

4 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

Wait, Andy Serkis is directing? Has he directed anything before?

AndySerkis.PNG.8dc754228b2eb2a5bdb24b82cc04a4ef.PNG

Honestly, Mowgli was really good. And the darker telling of the original story.

Venom: Let There Be Carnage will now go on Sept 17 instead of June 25.

This comes in the wake of Universal’s F9 moving onto the Sony/Marvel summer date after departing Memorial Day weekend.

Not surprising, all the big movies are surely going to move to just beyond the summer to be on the safer side of getting attendances. I enjoyed the first one so looking forward to this, plus it gives me time to send my 'Venom vs Carnage' comics for grading, ready for selling when the trailers start to drop!