• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Venom 2 - "There's Gonna Be Carnage" (10/2/20?)
3 3

728 posts in this topic

Well that looks like...a movie? The First one ended up being better than I thought it was going to be. I will say I think Harrelson and Hardy will probably have a good back and forth. Shriek is an odd choice to add in, not sure how much she'll affect the plot. The symbiote has gone from darkly funny to kind of insufferable, it's a little TOO independent of Eddie at this point. The whole odd couple schtick doesn't land as well as I think they hoped. Hoping they put out a red band trailer with a little more to it.

The cinematography alone looks like it got leaps and bounds better than the first movie, so right there that's a plus...and they also gave Cleatus a haircut so count that as another big win!

The best parts of the first movie were all the banter between Venom & Eddie (and even then they cut so much of that out!), so I'm happy to see more of that here. The inclusion of Shriek is nice, as the universe needs to expand to start showing all the other superpowered people that exist.

13 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I feel the same way. The only thing I care about regarding this film is how much my Amazing Spider-man 361 will go up in value.

From the looks of the movie, I'd sell before the reviews drop.

Also, let us all acknowledge the actual brilliance of how Venom was singing the song at the beginning. This is a masterclass in details they could have easily messed up and crapped the bed with:

The lyrics are supposed to be:
"You say either and I say either, 
You say neither and I say neither"

but they didn't drop the ball and had him sing it as Venom should, "I say either and I say either, I say neither and I say neither" to account for him talking about both him and Eddie :D 

What I'm saying is, let us appreciate the stuff they got right with writing so far, and wait for the actual next 'turd in the wind' when it happens :D

Edited by Sauce Dog

8 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Also, let us all acknowledge the actual brilliance of how Venom was singing the song at the beginning. This is a masterclass in details they could have easily messed up and crapped the bed with:

but they didn't drop the ball and had him sing it as Venom should, "I say either and I say either, I say neither and I say neither" to account for him talking about both him and Eddie :D

Masterclass? That's screenwriting 101.

Edited by D84

13 minutes ago, D84 said:
27 minutes ago, William-James88 said:

I feel the same way. The only thing I care about regarding this film is how much my Amazing Spider-man 361 will go up in value.

From the looks of the movie, I'd sell before the reviews drop.

Eh, I'd hold if you can afford it because one day Carnage is going to be part of the MCU and if Ultimate Carnage or King in Black gets adapted as a crossover MCU event then folks who sold their ASM 361's will be crying at the skyrocketed prices on eBay years from now.

5 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

I was being hyperbolic. 

First lesson in screenwriting 101 is don't ever write a turd in the wind, which means so far they are doing much better :D

Sorry, I'm not fully awake yet.:facepalm:

58 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

What I'm saying is, let us appreciate the stuff they got right with writing so far, and wait for the actual next 'turd in the wind' when it happens :D

Shouldn't Venom say "We" though? Isn't that his whole thing?

5 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I don't know why people are hating on this trailer.  It is awesome!!!  Funny, action packed, looks better than the first one.  First trailer did it's job...got me excited and want to see more.

***What's the average age of all the haters?:baiting:lol

???

Most people aren't easily amused. 2c