• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,480 posts in this topic

On 9/20/2022 at 2:59 PM, Dave2739 said:

Aw man, I just checked and mine is the messed up version. I wish you guys didn't know so much. I was happier when I had no idea about the misprint.

If it helps any, I paid over double for the messed up version and still have it. I'm not as upset about a few pages here or there that are messed up. I had an Avengers omni, with several pages literally stuck together. I just cut them with a scissors.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:53 AM, bronze_rules said:

If it helps any, I paid over double for the messed up version and still have it. I'm not as upset about a few pages here or there that are messed up. I had an Avengers omni, with several pages literally stuck together. I just cut them with a scissors.

And honestly, even if I have the messed up version, I don't care that much. I realize that's a mortal sin in some corners, but a couple of pages out of order is not going to drive me insane. 

On 9/20/2022 at 4:37 PM, piper said:

It’s been very quiet in terms of buying collected editions lately. I have the Doctor Doom Omni waiting for me at the LCS.

John

See, I was just thinking that things were picking up! I've been placing an order every week for the last several weeks, and they seem to be growing .This week was a big one with the long awaited Batman: No Man's Land Vol 2 Omni, the reprint of the Gotham City Sirens omni, and the reprint of the Grendel Omnibus v 2. Meanwhile, I spent most of my money on clearance stuff last week, so I am still needing to grab Madman Library Edition 3.  I think the latest MMW's FF and Werewolf By Night are hitting in the next week or two as well. I can't keep up!

On 9/21/2022 at 8:47 AM, F For Fake said:

I realize that's a mortal sin in some corners, but a couple of pages out of order is not going to drive me insane. 

Same. Ideally, my collected editions are all perfect, but having the overall contents is my priority.

On 9/21/2022 at 6:49 AM, F For Fake said:

See, I was just thinking that things were picking up! I've been placing an order every week for the last several weeks, and they seem to be growing .This week was a big one with the long awaited Batman: No Man's Land Vol 2 Omni, the reprint of the Gotham City Sirens omni, and the reprint of the Grendel Omnibus v 2. Meanwhile, I spent most of my money on clearance stuff last week, so I am still needing to grab Madman Library Edition 3.  I think the latest MMW's FF and Werewolf By Night are hitting in the next week or two as well. I can't keep up!

I have a fair amount on preorder but the release dates are November/December and into 2023.

PSA- I've been holding off pre-ordering the Miracleman Omnibus just because the book has been rescheduled previously and so I wasn't confident the current October 25 date was real. But I've been checking the CGN website regularly for this (and for their stealth Nick & Dent sale additions!) and noticed at mid-week that 1 out of the 3 cover choices was already listed as "Sold Out" for pre-orders!?  I was trying to decide between the 2 remaining cover choices, but today I find that all 3 are again available, so it might have been a mistake.  Nevertheless I pulled the trigger on the Alan Davis cover.  I don't think I'll be able to do better than the CGN pre-order price of $59.99 + shipping.

Cheap Graphic Novels Miracleman Omnibus options

Miracleman.jpg.a3ff4fb21c22e925200c4d4ce17b8f21.jpg

Edited by Zonker
add, not ed

On 9/24/2022 at 1:24 PM, Zonker said:

PSA- I've been holding off pre-ordering the Miracleman Omnibus just because the book has been rescheduled previously and so I wasn't confident the current October 25 date was real. But I've been checking the CGN website regularly for this (and for their stealth Nick & Dent sale additions!) and noticed at mid-week that 1 out of the 3 cover choices was already listed as "Sold Out" for pre-orders!?  I was trying to decide between the 2 remaining cover choices, but today I find that all 3 are again available, so it might have been a mistake.  Nevertheless I pulled the trigger on the Alan Davis cover.  I don't think I'll be able to do better than the CGN pre-order price of $59.99 + shipping.

Cheap Graphic Novels Miracleman Omnibus options

Miracleman.jpg.a3ff4fb21c22e925200c4d4ce17b8f21.jpg

Omar had a sneak peak of this book during his Q&A this weekend. Looking forward to it. It'll be the Davis cover for me as well. IST should have them all day of, and with CGN, though they'll oftentimes show a book is "sold out" ahead of time, they USUALLY (though not 100%) have all of the books when they actually release.

On 9/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, Poekaymon said:

Just in.  This thing is wildly huge.  See pic with Lee's Artist Edition (I was expecting it to be the same size) and a standard omnibus.

IMG_0351.thumb.jpg.00aa024a3550816782b464839adf64b4.jpg

IMG_0352.thumb.jpg.de57f8c6845fb7d026e720125ea3ff3c.jpg

Cool, I have that ordered from my LCS. Looking forward to it.

On 10/2/2022 at 11:37 AM, Dave2739 said:

Scooped up my copy of this big boy yesterday. Slightly smaller than some of the Kirby and Steranko volumes I have, which was a bit of a surprise.

68637067936__A9B58161-2FF3-448C-AEBE-3E78EEC6D082-1.jpeg

Cool! I have a lot of teen nostalgia for his Spidey run. I'm not a Venom guy at all, but that cover sure is striking in B&W. I may have to pick this one up eventually.

On 9/28/2022 at 1:27 AM, bronze_rules said:

Son of Origins!

son.jpg

Great stuff.  Saw those advertised in pence copy Marvels distributed on the newsstand over here to the UK, really wanted them, had no idea how to get hold of them.

Just before a local bookstore started selling imported cent Marvel comics they got that entire run in, and I bought them.

Technically the first non-distributed American comics I ever bought.  Silver Surfer softcover graphic novel as well. 

Edited by Ken Aldred