• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,476 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MR SigS said:

YuswSXR.jpg
dDg1qAu.jpg

I bought the softcover ed when it came out. Remembering how painful it was that I couldn’t afford the hd edition (bcs I think a month or two prior I bought the Cadillacs & dinosaurs limited signed ed from them) Absolutely love that book. The Frazetta section (although tiny) is amazing. 

3 minutes ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

So happy Boom Studios stepped up and reprinted Year One. Just got it in today. Gorgeous set. EFCAB25E-8319-46C6-AC7E-1832274440BA.thumb.jpeg.a2ec78df7cd9221912832c666a5b109f.jpeg

I only know power rangers "covers" from @Shinwar videos on New Comic Wed. or NYCC, are the story's well written?

And have you guys watched the Power Rangers episode on the Toys that Made Us Netflix Series?  :ohnoez: having not read any of it, those big books look intimidating, but if they're good! hm 

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I only know power rangers "covers" from @Shinwar videos on New Comic Wed. or NYCC, are the story's well written?

And have you guys watched the Power Rangers episode on the Toys that Made Us Netflix Series?  :ohnoez: having not read any of it, those big books look intimidating, but if they're good! hm 

Good freakin stuff! The story's are good. Def fleshes out the characters more. The toys that made us Power Ranger episode made me shed a tear. 

7 minutes ago, Shinwar said:

Good freakin stuff! The story's are good. Def fleshes out the characters more. The toys that made us Power Ranger episode made me shed a tear. 

The tv series had tough going for a while, I'm glad that they're ongoing. The TMNT was hard for me to hold back! Power Rangers was my brother's era, who is a little younger than me.

When the smallest megazord I think it was, when we were kids, would come out of the sand ...... the one with the long neck, I forget, it might have been titanous? in one episode of the first group of power rangers, that zord appeared to have perished.....

I had to calm my brother down and hug him he was ball crying so hard :shy: 

After all these ARE the Toys that "MADE" us lol rings true now as it ever did! :headbang: 

A couple of episodes later they brought that zord back though :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
spelling

FYI: Instocktrades is having a Black Friday sale of an extra 3% discount with code BLACKFRIDAY. This also stacks with many books pushed to 45% off as opposed to 42%. Saves some dollas on those big omnibus’!!!

Target is also doing a buy 2 get one free sale so it might be worth browsing around there too. 

1 hour ago, Aweandlorder said:

Here it is... custom made Omni containing the complete Secret War, Death of Cap, Secret Invasion, The list, Dark av & Siege

4FB1A165-1844-4553-A387-2B483DEEE74A.thumb.jpeg.1ffec96c37cc8647663138d1a3db8963.jpegA0CA570A-8938-43A6-B920-BB4A49C0B4EA.thumb.jpeg.1f4daab164ca1b8169622e9527afbc14.jpeg

How does one go about making something like that? Or maybe I should just google, "how to make a book from comics"? That's really cool.

15 hours ago, srezvan said:

How does one go about making something like that? Or maybe I should just google, "how to make a book from comics"? That's really cool.

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Seriously!? The edges look like you bound it perfectly. Wow.

So I actually won this on the bay. The original owner sold it on eBay a couple of years ago, and then the 2nd owner sold it recently. I think the buck will stop with me as I’m really impressed with this and got it for a great price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-of-Marvel-Vol-2-Custom-Omnibus/254422467072

But you can get a custom made Omni with houchen, which I’m pretty sure is how this one was made

https://www.houchenbindery.com/services/comic-books/

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:

So I actually won this on the bay. The original owner sold it on eBay a couple of years ago, and then the 2nd owner sold it recently. I think the buck will stop with me as I’m really impressed with this and got it for a great price

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Best-of-Marvel-Vol-2-Custom-Omnibus/254422467072

But you can get a custom made Omni with houchen, which I’m pretty sure is how this one was made

https://www.houchenbindery.com/services/comic-books/

Ohhhhhhhhh.

It still looks like a real Omnibus. Damn impressive.

I might start getting Spawn custom-bound like this. The Origins Collection stopped around Issue #125.

57 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Ohhhhhhhhh.

It still looks like a real Omnibus. Damn impressive.

I might start getting Spawn custom-bound like this. The Origins Collection stopped around Issue #125.

I have many runs that I’d love to bind for my own pc. Believe it or not a lot of New Universe stuff that I grew up on is up there on that list.