• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,480 posts in this topic

On 10/6/2022 at 3:46 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Follow-up question: Did he do all or most of the interior work? I'm a stickler for consistency.

Check my post before. I'm not sure myself now, from the issue I looked at it looks like he may have done some linework at most. Or just skipped the issue I checked. 

On 10/5/2022 at 1:50 PM, Cat said:

Check my post before. I'm not sure myself now, from the issue I looked at it looks like he may have done some linework at most. Or just skipped the issue I checked. 

It's on his Wiki, too, under "Interior Work". I thought that he simply did all of the Cover A's, and some writing. Other people are credited with art and coloring for all of the issues on Marvel Fandom, etc.

On 10/6/2022 at 3:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It's on his Wiki, too, under "Interior Work". I thought that he simply did all of the Cover A's, and some writing. Other people are credited with art and coloring for all of the issues on Marvel Fandom, etc.

Every issue I've checked has has other people on art, mainly the excellent Stephen Sadowski. So yeah, I think it is indeed his first interiors since Justice. And this time he's not working over another artist's breakdowns like he did in Justice with Doug Braithwaite's pencils (although that was a match made in heaven). 

On 10/4/2022 at 6:33 PM, Cat said:

Here's the exclusive print it comes with, followed by an interior page just to show what the book is like. 

20221005_112903.thumb.jpg.f1d937722bfe1f48a07723d5a7743ad3.jpg

Something that blew me away, was that he literally hand constructs 3d models to sketch from. Sometimes several times to get the size right for him. I was aware he used human models but not custom figures. That was always a dream of mine, but no idea how to do it properly.

On 10/5/2022 at 6:28 AM, Ryan. said:

:eek:

20221005_113115.jpg.507ccf49ff1d57bbb6163c8dd91fc936.jpg

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one whose eyes immediately skipped over everything else in that image, just to land on this.

Finally got my Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Omnibus, love it, and such a good price!

Also noticed my pre order for Absolute Doomsday Clock has just been charged so it’s finally been released after so many delays.

Next on the list is going to have to be the FF Full Circle book after seeing the rave reviews. Shame I can’t get that awesome slipcase version but secondary market prices are a bit far fetched.

On 10/8/2022 at 4:48 AM, RickSp said:

Next on the list is going to have to be the FF Full Circle book after seeing the rave reviews. Shame I can’t get that awesome slipcase version but secondary market prices are a bit far fetched.

Woah, you're not kidding. It's $40US brand new, and eBay sellers are asking $150-160 for it already. That's ridiculous. 

On 10/7/2022 at 9:57 PM, Cat said:

Woah, you're not kidding. It's $40US brand new, and eBay sellers are asking $150-160 for it already. That's ridiculous. 

I got mine for about $110 all-in. Prices seem to be going up-and-down on it and I don't want to get stuck watching it skyrocket.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:38 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I got mine for about $110 all-in. Prices seem to be going up-and-down on it and I don't want to get stuck watching it skyrocket.

Glad you got a copy. 

On 10/13/2022 at 12:09 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is there a difference between OA and the material collected in Artist Editions (etc), or would it be fair to say that Artist Editions are simply the collection of OA scans?

The Artist Editions that I personally own are just that, beautiful, high quality scans of the original art, complete white-outs, paste-ups, and everything you'd see if you were holding the original piece right in your hands. So, it is "simply" the scans, but they're super high quality and presented beautifully, and come about as close as you can get to looking at the original artwork. They're really nicely made, enormous books.

Absolute Doomsday Clock has arrived. Beautifully put together as always with these editions.

It reads so much better in one volume. I remember liking it when it was first released but the long gaps between issues just killed the momentum, so much so I was forgetting what even happened.

I miss this type of DC story. The last couple of years have been so poor in comparison. Dark Crisis for example is not anywhere near this level.

On 10/14/2022 at 11:34 PM, Raze said:

Ive always heard great things about Walt Simonson’s Thor run. So I went on eBay and track them down.

Also, picked up the flash by Grant Morrison and Mark Millar. I like both writers and thought it would be cool to read, not to mention one of my favorite YouTube channels recommended it.

Last but not least picked up fantastic four full circle. It is absolutely gorgeous! Great story!

C552A8F5-A6C9-4CF7-B907-442B90BD9F8B.jpeg

BFC90C4C-DE2E-4D25-86E8-8BF36F77A23C.jpeg

EDF9B693-30ED-4367-9BA6-9562093917D7.jpeg

If you haven't read Walt's Thor run yet, you're really in for a treat. Some of the best Marvel comics ever.

On 10/18/2022 at 12:53 AM, Poekaymon said:

https://www.simonandschuster.com/books/Marvel-Anatomy-A-Scientific-Study-of-the-Superhuman/Marc-Sumerak/9781683838692

This looks kind of interesting, though I am not sure I am game for the asking price.

Interesting concept, but I'll pass at that price.