• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,457 posts in this topic

Interesting book, looks like a Mass Market book, so once it actually releases, I expect you'll be able to get it quite a bit cheaper than the list price of $85. Seems like the sort of thing Barnes and Noble, Books a Million and the like will have in their gift sections come xmas time.

I haven't been posting all my new omnis, HCs, etc., but I think this was worth posting. I pre-ordered this several months ago when Target had their B2G1 sale, which made this a great price. I still haven't started reading my Akira box set, but I am working my way through Berserk, which is awesome.

20221020_115445.jpg

On 10/22/2022 at 9:08 AM, D2 said:

What on God’s green Earth is this?

This is easily the most appalling interpretation of Wolverine’s claws I have ever seen. 

C5817978-E3AB-41AA-A336-7159983B97DF.jpeg

In their retracted form they're covering the wrist, giving him no flex there. Genius. 

For anyone who likes Jim Lee's old X-Men trading card series, this hardcover reprints them all. It's on sale at Amazon for 46% off, at only $13.24. For some stupid reason I ordered mine from BBTS, where it's waiting for me to ship it out. I paid $45US for it. :cry:

https://www.amazon.com/Uncanny-X-Men-Trading-Cards-Complete/dp/1419757245/ref=mp_s_a_1_8?crid=V1XECVPK4PO8&keywords=Uncanny+X-Men+Omnibus+Volume+5&qid=1666535442&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjIyIiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=uncanny+x-men+omnibus+volume+5%2Caps%2C446&sr=8-8

Didn't know where else to put this. Justice Society sale on Amazon and probably Comixology. Tpbs for $2.42, were $19.99USD. Happy hunting! 

@ADAMANTIUM

On 10/24/2022 at 2:44 PM, Cat said:

Didn't know where else to put this. Justice Society sale on Amazon and probably Comixology. Tpbs for $2.42, were $19.99USD. Happy hunting! 

@ADAMANTIUM

Thanks for the heads up! Just bought one. For that price i couldn't resist.

Edited by ak47po

On 10/25/2022 at 11:51 AM, ak47po said:

Um, i quoted the wrong post.:facepalm:

It's okay, I understood which one you meant. :)

On 10/24/2022 at 6:49 PM, mstrange said:

Having sale of out of print and hard to find HC's,TPBs,art books etc.. in mixed age sales thread link below if anyone interested 

OH wow, some GREAT stuff in there. Kicking myself for missing the Creepshow!

I setup a couple of new bookshelves last week. They're probably about 6" shorter than the last one, but there are two of them, so I had to do some reordering to get things organized. I also ordered more than a dozen new books to help fill it out, so no new pictures for maybe another week. You guys will probably love how the bottom shelves perfectly fit all of my Absolute Editions...

My Miracleman Omnibus came today, courtesy of CGN.  :applause:

MiraclemanOmniV1.thumb.jpeg.d80f57bcbd0d3241a9adfa68c8ab0411.jpeg

I'm glad I have it, but am a bit surprised by the contents:

• With minimal lead-in (no essays or forewords or such), the story begins on Pg 9, starting with the Prologue from the Eclipse Miracleman #1
  • The final chapter of Olympus, corresponding to Eclipse's Miracleman #16 lands on Pg 329.  But the Omni is less than half done at this point!
  • Reprints of Alan Moore's Warpsmith and other stories from Warrior take us up to Pg 364 and are welcomed additions to the volume. (thumbsu
  • Then the Marvel stuff created after they got the license is added on to reach Pg 389 of the Omni. meh
  • The balance of the book, including photos of original art, covers, alternate covers for both the Eclipse and Marvel series expands the book to 808 pages! :whatthe:

Now I haven't read the Marvel stuff, so I'll reserve judgement.  But I have to wonder, once the decision was made to go beyond the Alan Moore stories, why not include the Miracleman Apocrypha series from Eclipse?  I suppose they are holding those back to help fill out a volume 2 Omni reprinting Neil Gaiman's contributions, i.e. the Golden Age and perhaps finally completing the Silver Age (knock wood).  But as it stands, this book seems completely padded out.  I mean, I usually appreciate all the extras the Marvel reprint department gives us in their Omnis.  But couldn't they limit themselves to curating the very best, I dunno, two-hundred pages of such stuff? (shrug)

Edited by Zonker
Included pic

On 10/26/2022 at 11:18 PM, Zonker said:

My Miracleman Omnibus came today, courtesy of CGN.  (I'll edit in a picture tomorrow).

• With minimal lead-in (no essays or forewords or such), the story begins on Pg 9, starting with the Prologue from the Eclipse Miracleman #1
  • The final chapter of Olympus, corresponding to Eclipse's Miracleman #16 lands on Pg 329.  But the Omni is less than half done at this point!
  • Reprints of Alan Moore's Warpsmith and other stories from Warrior take us up to Pg 364 and are welcomed additions to the volume. (thumbsu
  • Then the Marvel stuff created after they got the license is added on to reach Pg 389 of the Omni. meh
  • The balance of the book, including photos of original art, covers, alternate covers for both the Eclipse and Marvel series expands the book to 808 pages! :whatthe:

Now I haven't read the Marvel stuff, so I'll reserve judgement.  But I have to wonder, once the decision was made to go beyond the Alan Moore stories, why not include the Miracleman Apocrypha series from Eclipse?  I suppose they are holding those back to help fill out a volume 2 Omni reprinting Neil Gaiman's contributions, i.e. the Golden Age and perhaps finally completing the Silver Age (knock wood).  But as it stands, this book seems completely padded out.  I mean, I usually appreciate all the extras the Marvel reprint department gives us in their Omnis.  But couldn't they limit themselves to curating the very best, I dunno, two-hundred pages of such stuff? (shrug)

I pre-ordered the omnibus back when it was first solicited so I won't get my copy for a couple weeks. I'm happy to have all of the Alan Moore issues and some additional stuff in one shiny hardcover but I'm not sure I need 400+ pages of fluff.

Edited by Ryan.
Typo

On 10/26/2022 at 9:18 PM, Zonker said:

My Miracleman Omnibus came today, courtesy of CGN.  (I'll edit in a picture tomorrow).

Maybe it's because Golden Age is still available?  I haven't opened my omnibus yet, but sounds like a lot of fluff.  

On 10/31/2022 at 12:47 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I recently added about 80 books to my To-Buy list, so it'll get filled-out soon:

BooksShelf.jpg

Heck of a collection there, some brilliant stuff.

You display your Absolutes the opposite way to me, with the slipcase facing out. Or is that just on some of them?

Not that it matters of course, they look amazing both ways. Such a fantastic format.