• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,481 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2022 at 2:47 PM, RickSp said:

You display your Absolutes the opposite way to me, with the slipcase facing out. Or is that just on some of them?

Some of them would not look quite as nice facing the other direction, such as the Sandman series. I think that the Harvey Horrors are the only books with spines facing the wall.

On 10/31/2022 at 2:47 PM, RickSp said:

Heck of a collection there, some brilliant stuff.

You display your Absolutes the opposite way to me, with the slipcase facing out. Or is that just on some of them?

Not that it matters of course, they look amazing both ways. Such a fantastic format.

Almost all of mine are spine out, which is my preference, except for Swamp Thing because the print on the actual book is really small. 

On 11/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, Cat said:

1440 pages :whatthe:

9.65 pounds :jawdrop:

On 11/3/2022 at 9:22 AM, s-man said:

1440 pages :whatthe:

9.65 pounds :jawdrop:

Well, that explains why my shipping was $60AU.

On 11/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, Cat said:

That's on my list...

On 11/2/2022 at 10:42 PM, Sanj Mitra said:

Has anyone b ought the Taschen Marvel Editions? ASM,, Avengers and FF. Just wondering if there are any owners of the limited editions. I was thinking of getting them for the Comic Room.

I’ve got the Taschen ASM and Avengers, the £150 version, not the crazy expensive version that is even bigger with a fancier cover material.

I think they’re amazing. They are giant size re prints with great paper quality and they just look incredible. 

I believe the FF version is due out early next year, then Cap later in 2023.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:08 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's on my list...

Not on mine anymore. :acclaim:

On 11/4/2022 at 12:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wonder how long it will remain on sale, since I won't be buying stuff until Black Friday (or maybe the 15th, if I'm impatient). Maybe it will be back on sale, then.

Who knows. I don't even know when it went on sale. Today's the first day I've checked. 

On 11/7/2022 at 12:05 PM, ak47po said:

giphy.gif

001.thumb.jpg.7b4b663efefd7a533da0d994e6adaed6.jpg

002.thumb.jpg.239fc29a9a2614f7018734d2de43451b.jpg

I'm going to keep the TMNT love going by adding the first 3 IDW collections to my mini library. Quite excited to finally get around to reading this run as I have heard many good things about IDW's handling of TMNT.

tmnt.jpg.14d8aee72f47bbc5c41945fa13787319.jpg

Bonus mini collection shot. I know I need to get around to upgrading my bookshelf to something bigger to accommodate my growing collection.

shelf.jpg.d78fc2a04dd3224d3c0413b1027476ca.jpg

On 11/21/2022 at 3:38 PM, Loading... said:

I'm going to keep the TMNT love going by adding the first 3 IDW collections to my mini library. Quite excited to finally get around to reading this run as I have heard many good things about IDW's handling of TMNT.

Bonus mini collection shot. I know I need to get around to upgrading my bookshelf to something bigger to accommodate my growing collection.

Looks like you're off to a good start!

On 11/22/2022 at 6:38 AM, Loading... said:

These are great. I got really into these about 4 months ago. There's 14 volumes out, but the first 13 are by the same writing team, and are basically one story, so you definitely want them. Volume 14 has a different tone, and people complain about this run, but it didn't read too badly in collected form. It does get worse though, from what I've read. So decide csrefully for yourself if you want volume 14, but definitely get the first 13, provided you enjoy the ones you've purchased of course! 

I'd also highly recommend The Last Ronin. It's not in continuity with the IDW run, but it's a darn good story, the story of the last surviving turtle, what happened, and what he does to avenge them. Very enjoyable. 

Enjoy your new books! 

On 11/22/2022 at 7:35 AM, srezvan said:

I just picked up a copy of Fantastic Four: Full Circle. I'm not a huge FF fan, but I've heard good things and who doesn't love Alex Ross? Plus, Amazon is having a "Get 3 for the Price of 2 Sale" on select books: https://amzn.to/3Ex46cp

image.png.d91d4668f0a0014dd53389ae26d1169e.png

Also worth noting that Amazon's B2G1 sale is just their algorithm copycatting the Target B2G1 sale, so if you don't find what you want at Amazon, it's worth taking a look at Target. It includes vinyl albums, movies and books. 

On 11/21/2022 at 6:54 PM, Cat said:

These are great. I got really into these about 4 months ago. There's 14 volumes out, but the first 13 are by the same writing team, and are basically one story, so you definitely want them. Volume 14 has a different tone, and people complain about this run, but it didn't read too badly in collected form. It does get worse though, from what I've read. So decide csrefully for yourself if you want volume 14, but definitely get the first 13, provided you enjoy the ones you've purchased of course! 

I'd also highly recommend The Last Ronin. It's not in continuity with the IDW run, but it's a darn good story, the story of the last surviving turtle, what happened, and what he does to avenge them. Very enjoyable. 

Enjoy your new books! 

Thanks for the heads up a coworker said something similar. That a major event takes place in issue 100 and said it diverges a bit to. His thought process is they may be setting up for something down the road but time will tell. He has been trying his best to avoid many spoilers as he knows I am just about to jump headfirst into this whole run. I am excited to start reading when I have some free time to do so haha.

@srezvan@F For Fake Thanks for the heads up on the sale.