• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,476 posts in this topic

On 12/17/2022 at 2:11 PM, bronze_rules said:

speaking of sales, IDW had the best sale I think I have ever seen (or will see) on AEs and books.

AEs were down to 10 20, 25

https://www.idwpublishing.com/last-chance-ae-sale

in case it goes down, some examples

sale.jpg

Aw man, that stings, I completely missed out on this. Bummer. Things have been so busy lately with the holidays, that looks like one sweet sale. Hope you got some goodies!

On 12/17/2022 at 12:11 PM, bronze_rules said:

speaking of sales, IDW had the best sale I think I have ever seen (or will see) on AEs and books.

AEs were down to 10 20, 25

https://www.idwpublishing.com/last-chance-ae-sale

in case it goes down, some examples

sale.jpg

Thank you for the link!  Bought the John Byrne Marvel Classics Artifact Edition.  $37.10 after shipping which is a great deal and looks like there are 2 of these still in-stock.  Missed out on Silver Surfer and The Mighty Thor editions 

On 12/14/2022 at 5:01 PM, ak47po said:

This showed up today. Very high quality! I think it was well worth it.

DSC_0018.thumb.JPG.070e864c75032d5208c55184109f4708.JPG

DSC_0019.thumb.JPG.2f58d1958e73ca4f2d581659a2c9b847.JPG

DSC_0020.thumb.JPG.0eda3668dbe40c8019c9148a8ee4eb96.JPG

DSC_0021.thumb.JPG.e7cffaae8b34ce68404d0b9165749858.JPG

I just placed an order for this book after seeing your post.  But I selected Apple Pay as my payment method, as it saves me the hassle of filling in all my information.  But while processing, it selected Pick Up at CGC as the shipping option, and no cancel button!  So the order went through as Pickup.  I replied to the Order Confirmation email, to ccgshopify@collectiblesgroup.com, but the email was rejected saying I violated policy.  I posted a thread here in the Ask CGC forum, hopefully that gets resolution.  Just curious why their Apple Pay method defaults to local pickup as shipping default.

Just preordered these.  Every couple weeks for the last year I've been searching for them, and they finally popped up. 

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/hulk-the-immortal-hulk-omnibus-hc-ross-cvr-pre-order-

https://cheapgraphicnovels.com/x-men-the-uncanny-x-men-omnibus-vol-05-hc-romita-jr-cvr-pre-order-

On the Imm Hulk, was wondering what else, if anything, they'd put in besides 1-50.  Beat expectations.  Similarly, was wondering what they'd put in on the X-Men vol. 5 since they only had 194-209 before running up against Mutant Massacre.  Pretty good here too as I don't think I have Longshot 1-6 anywhere else.  Anyway, that completes my omnibus X-Men 94 to 280 run, so I am done.  Done I say.

On 1/3/2023 at 6:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Let's play a game...

There are 4 duplicate books in the first image. There is 1 'duplicate' (not the C++ books) between the first and second images. The first person to list all 5 will receive a $5 PayPal gift from me, if they so desire. Who is the best detective? Show us your Batman-related skills!

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

I was awaiting the pic of the shelves! "updated!" Looks to fit nicely, and I'm glad you got something around the holidays  :)

I also didn't know that you too play guitar! :headbang:  It's amazing that hobbies of mine I could have for a long time and still not "know enough about" lol If that is a "black metal", they ain't cheap!

Mine was only like $4-600 and I've long thought that I neglected that niche of a hobby for me, anyway.... :sorry:

Looks good :) 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/3/2023 at 7:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I was awaiting the pic of the shelves! "updated!" Looks to fit nicely, and I'm glad you got something around the holidays  :)

I also didn't know that you too play guitar! :headbang:  It's amazing that hobbies of mine I could have for a long time and still not "know enough about" lol If that is a "black metal", they ain't cheap!

Mine was only like $4-600 and I've long thought that I neglected that niche of a hobby for me, anyway.... :sorry:

Looks good :) 

The only real gift I received was an acrylic ornament with Sunny's picture on it, from my mom.* I cried like a little boy. She (Sunny) passed away in April. I was 14 when we adopted her, and my mom signed the papers as she slept in my arms after picking her up for the first time in a Humane Society van. It's stored right behind that picture of her in the second image.

Yup, been playing guitar for 18 years, now! Became a virtuoso after about 3 years. I don't have the stamina anymore, because I rarely play, but the skills are still here after a little warmup. By "black metal", you mean the body? It's just wood painted black. :)

*She also gave me an ornament of my cat Mjolnir, which I opened first, and immediately knew what was in the other small gift.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus
Added context.

On 1/3/2023 at 7:02 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The only real gift I received was an acrylic ornament with Sunny's picture on it, from my mom. I cried like a little boy. She (Sunny) passed away in April. I was 14 when we adopted her, and my mom signed the papers as she slept in my arms after picking her up for the first time in a Humane Society van. It's stored right behind that picture of her in the second image.

Yup, been playing guitar for 18 years, now! Became a virtuoso after about 3 years. I don't have the stamina anymore, because I rarely play, but the skills are still here after a little warmup. By "black metal", you mean the body? It's just wood painted black. :)

Amen those dear to us are remembered this time of year, can be tough, glad there was love and thoughtfulness :foryou:

I thought "black metal" might have been the style of guitar? Obviously wood though haha. I had a Peavy guitar bought cheap as a kid, got me through hard times. I don't think that really "Peavy" is known "for quality" other than amps, nevertheless. Compared to comics, I've only owned 2 guitars in my lifetime both Peavy, currently I have just an "upgrade" to the Peavy I had as a kid. I like Peavy because they're simple, and though they have some switches and etc, they really play clear notes straight out of the box :) 

Yet I'm sure a more expensive would produce something I'd be more satisfied with, I'm content. I never really learn to shred or even proper order of the chord keys. I mean I "know them" but haven't set them to memory lol I'd love to spend more time with it, but even in a house and etc with headphones, it can be hard to find the time, and or music I feel up to playing :cheers: 

On 1/3/2023 at 7:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Amen those dear to us are remembered this time of year, can be tough, glad there was love and thoughtfulness :foryou:

I thought "black metal" might have been the style of guitar? Obviously wood though haha. I had a Peavy guitar bought cheap as a kid, got me through hard times. I don't think that really "Peavy" is known "for quality" other than amps, nevertheless. Compared to comics, I've only owned 2 guitars in my lifetime both Peavy, currently I have just an "upgrade" to the Peavy I had as a kid. I like Peavy because they're simple, and though they have some switches and etc, they really play clear notes straight out of the box :) 

Yet I'm sure a more expensive would produce something I'd be more satisfied with, I'm content. I never really learn to shred or even proper order of the chord keys. I mean I "know them" but haven't set them to memory lol I'd love to spend more time with it, but even in a house and etc with headphones, it can be hard to find the time, and or music I feel up to playing :cheers: 

I suppose it is "ESP LTD" as oppose to "black metal" but lol anyway haha

image.thumb.png.05051548ff87f95f021a8693165605ee.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/3/2023 at 8:09 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I've never heard a guitar classified by a style of genre before. lol I bought the F-200 from my best friend way back, because with its EMG Afterburner, it produces a near-perfect sound for Melodic Death Metal. With passive pickups, there's not many ranges that this guitar can't reach. I definitely struggle getting some clean progressive sounds out of it, though, which is why I've intended on replacing them with DiMarzio at some point.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:41 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Let's play a game...

There are 4 duplicate books in the first image. There is 1 'duplicate' (not the C++ books) between the first and second images. The first person to list all 5 will receive a $5 PayPal gift from me, if they so desire. Who is the best detective? Show us your Batman-related skills!

B1.jpg

B2.jpg

Black Reign tpb (one labeled Black/JSA, the other just JSA), one of the volumes of New Frontier (and/or it's also in Absolute), Infinite Crisis (in tpb and the Absolute), and last one is, I think, Justice. Looks like the hardcovers and then the Absolute. 

On 1/3/2023 at 9:09 AM, Cat said:

Black Reign tpb (one labeled Black/JSA, the other just JSA), one of the volumes of New Frontier (and/or it's also in Absolute), Infinite Crisis (in tpb and the Absolute), and last one is, I think, Justice. Looks like the hardcovers and then the Absolute.

I'll give you a hint: You're 40% correct. :)

On 12/26/2022 at 9:34 PM, srezvan said:

It has been a busy buying season for me when it comes to HCs and TPBs. Between Black Friday sales at MCS, IST, Amazon, and Target, I must have brought in 100 lbs of books. So much for downsizing...maybe next year. I didn't bother taking pictures of everything, as it was just a steady stream of boxes.

Barnes and Noble is currently running a 50% off sale for all hardcovers in store. Some things are on sale online, but their website has been struggling. Sale ends tomorrow! I picked up all these books at 50% off cover price, which beats Amazon and IST. The Ghost in the Shell slipcase set was a last minute purchase. BN had a bunch of stuff behind the register, and I asked if this set was included, and it was, so I picked it up for $35, which is crazy. Hellboy HCs for $25 each! The "Be More..." books are actually quite entertaining. I have the Boba Fett one, and I really enjoyed it.

20221226_182715.jpg

How do you like the Ghost in the shell book?

I've been looking for a hardcover version, but I want to make sure not to get the censored version

On 1/4/2023 at 12:11 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'll give you a hint: You're 40% correct. :)

So I'll go with Black Reign and Infinite Crisis (though I also see New Frontier, or does Black Reign not count as it technically has a different title? hm), and I'll add Something Is Killing The Children. I believe I see 2 of the same tpb in 2 different shelves. The same book in 2 photos is the C++ Programming language book. 

Edit: and finally add All-star Superman. You have the tpb and the Absolute. 

Edited by Cat

On 1/3/2023 at 9:28 AM, Cat said:

So I'll go with Black Reign and Infinite Crisis (though I also see New Frontier, or does Black Reign not count as it technically has a different title? hm), and I'll add Something Is Killing The Children. I believe I see 2 of the same tpb in 2 different shelves. That's all I have. 

Since you asked a good question, I'll spoil that answer: Black Reign is 1 of the 5 duplicate items.