• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,476 posts in this topic

On 1/7/2023 at 12:39 PM, Cat said:

Ugh I have like the first 10 of these, I gave up on collecting them partway through, so now I just have a majority of the story, which is nothing. I really need to get rid of the ones I do have. 

Just takes patience. Set up some saves ebay searches and check local shows. I even found a few for cover price. It's been a run read so far.

Edited by srezvan

On 1/3/2023 at 7:41 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Let's play a game...

There are 4 duplicate books in the first image. The first person to list all 4 will receive a $5 PayPal gift from me, if they so desire. Who is the best detective? Show us your Batman-related skills!

You guys had a whole week. zzz The Arkham Asylum inmates escaped without a trace.

Black Reign, All-Star Superman, The New Frontier, and Kingdom Come.

On 1/5/2023 at 1:04 PM, Blastaar said:

Picked up this $500 avengers box set for $100 on eBay. Still a few of these bad boys out there around that price. Crazy amount of  content. 

4FAD44CF-2E0B-413F-9451-51BD190D19FD.jpeg.f5b02b9a7ccbecf7e3c8ceefe584afb9.jpeg

Wow, that's an AMAZING deal, congrats!

On 1/5/2023 at 2:16 PM, Blastaar said:

This is the bad boy I want. But I think the price has gone up and not down. 

D479F245-E34A-4B51-B2B9-AC73BD3B9FDF.jpeg.625b42ed9c0c3a0ed495cb5e823471e7.jpeg

This one was released during the pandemic, and was subject to the weird distribution troubles going on at the time, when books were stuck on ships and in ports, trickling out at retail, and selling out in MINUTES on sites like IST. This one came and went FAST. A couple of months later there must have been another batch make its way through the channels, and it was up for sale for two or three weeks. That's when mine was purchased. It's a really nice set. As popular as X-Men are, and considering how cruddy distro was at the time, I'm surprised they haven't gone back to print on this one. But I'm thinking they haven't reprinted any of these box sets, at least not so far. (I could be wrong! It happens!)

I ordered a handful of various books from InStockTrades last week and have been receiving individual emails from them letting me know that each book in that order is not in stock, despite being listed as in stock and processing the payment. I feel like their company name is satire.

On 1/10/2023 at 1:48 PM, Ryan. said:

I ordered a handful of various books from InStockTrades last week and have been receiving individual emails from them letting me know that each book in that order is not in stock, despite being listed as in stock and processing the payment. I feel like their company name is satire.

They used to be much more reliable, but sadly, it's true, these days "In Stock Trades" seems to mean "Trades we're PRETTY sure we can order from our distributors, fingers crossed!" Had two volumes out of my last order canceled and refunded. To be fair, these are older books, I haven't had "new" books canceled in a very long time. But still, yeah, not great!

Very excited about this purchase from eBay. Been looking for some of these hardcovers for a while now. They can go for silly prices. This is the full original Phantom series. It was up as a buy it now and I snatched it up real quick. My only purchase from Canada in recent memory, but it came pretty quickly.

20230113_182953.jpg

On 1/13/2023 at 2:01 PM, Erndog said:

Question for those who collect Omnibuses and large hardcovers....

Which shelves do you use? The shelf I'm using is beginning to bow. 

Is the Ikea Kallax a good idea?  

I use them for vinyl records and they hold up to the weight pretty good

534326D5-37D8-453A-AF96-5257C63F95A7.jpeg

On 1/13/2023 at 12:01 PM, Erndog said:

Question for those who collect Omnibuses and large hardcovers....

Which shelves do you use? The shelf I'm using is beginning to bow. 

Is the Ikea Kallax a good idea?  

I have IKEA Kallax as well.

On 1/14/2023 at 7:22 AM, Erndog said:

You can see the shelf I'm using is beginning to bow. I'm afraid to even fill it up entirely so I leave a book or 2 off each row.

I'll have to check out the Kallax

20230114_071341.jpg

I love seeing that big pile of omnis. And you have a couple I want.