• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,457 posts in this topic

On 1/14/2023 at 7:22 AM, Erndog said:

You can see the shelf I'm using is beginning to bow. I'm afraid to even fill it up entirely so I leave a book or 2 off each row.

I'll have to check out the Kallax

20230114_071341.jpg

In the meantime, you can always cut a similar laminated piece of wood as a partition/ center brace that will keep that shelf from sagging. Maybe flip that board over too if possible…just an option to consider

On 1/15/2023 at 11:00 AM, Shadow said:

I've found the Ikea "Kallax" work very well, look good and are relatively inexpensive. Note I tend to group the Omnibus' near the bottom (thicker ends) where I can, especially if grouped together. I use them for my "normal" (literary) books as well. 

Kallax horizontal.jpg

Just fyi some people have had issues using it in this orientation (with the long beams vertical).

On 1/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, B2D327 said:

image.gif.ac1651fb85beb90054cfbe048f1edaf3.gif

I should stop using them to store dog and gardening junk in the garage then…

They are a super sturdy shelf. I personally love them. They must weigh 50 lbs though

Edited by D2

Was just going through the Marvel Previews catalog and was surprised to see there's a hardcover omnibus coming in August for Marvel Age which will include the first 34 issues and Annual 1 from the 1980's Marvel house magazine.  Never thought I'd see something like that. I wonder if they'll do the entire series which ran 140 issues and 4 annuals. It might depend on how well the first volume sells. 

On 1/19/2023 at 12:35 AM, jdandns said:

Was just going through the Marvel Previews catalog and was surprised to see there's a hardcover omnibus coming in August for Marvel Age which will include the first 34 issues and Annual 1 from the 1980's Marvel house magazine.  Never thought I'd see something like that. I wonder if they'll do the entire series which ran 140 issues and 4 annuals. It might depend on how well the first volume sells. 

That's interesting--I agree it's a bit surprising.  I have Marvel Age 90-93 or so and just had a look at them and I'm not sure I'd be too interested in an omnibus of such issues, but maybe, as a curiosity.  I'd probably most consider volume 3--if they get that far (assuming it's issues 70-100 or so).  Don't think I'm hardcore enough for the whole series.

Spawn Deluxe Slipcase volume 5 has finally released. Got it being shipped and on its way. I’ve always wanted these and was pleased to see that volume 1 - 4 has been reprinted after all these years.

I also noticed the Folio Society website has a new Marvel edition out, this time of Dr.Strange. Really nice looking volume with a cool reprint of ST110. Again this series is one of those that I keep toying with. I feel like I’m having to choose between these and the Taschen Library volumes that are being released in regards to having some prestige Marvel collected editions on the shelf….

On 1/19/2023 at 12:35 AM, jdandns said:

I was very excited when that one was announced, and will be picking it up for sure. Much like the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe/'89 Update and DC Whos Who/Update omnis we've seen, this is exactly the kind of ephemera I'd love to have collected. Can't wait!

On 1/24/2023 at 2:57 PM, F For Fake said:

I was very excited when that one was announced, and will be picking it up for sure. Much like the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe/'89 Update and DC Whos Who/Update omnis we've seen, this is exactly the kind of ephemera I'd love to have collected. Can't wait!

They can go ahead and do a FOOM Omnibus too, for that matter.

On 1/24/2023 at 4:22 PM, Dave2739 said:

They can go ahead and do a FOOM Omnibus too, for that matter.

Oh for sure, i'd be all over that!

On 1/25/2023 at 8:22 PM, WolverineX said:

What omnibus or collections cover the X-men 94-144 run?  I want to buy the least amount of books as possible. 

UXM omnibus vol.1 will take you from 94-131 and vol.2 will take you from 132-153

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Omnibus